Students sought for Inside Albany conference
The League of Women Voters, Utica/Rome Metro Area is seeking nominations of high school juniors and seniors from Oneida and Herkimer Counties for the 16th Annual Students Inside Albany conference.
The conference, which will be held May 22-25, is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation and is designed to increase students’ awareness of New York’s governmental process.
The conference brings together students from across the state to learn about participation in the policy making arena, including tours of the Capital and opportunities to shadow their representatives in the Senate and Assembly.
Applications are due by Feb. 14, 2016. Information is on the LWV’s website (http://www.lwvuticarome.org/youthprograms.shtml); people may also contact Dawn Laguerre at 266-7548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silk marbling class March 3
Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
Oneida library offers Family Tech Night, ‘Coco’ screening
Puppet Show kicks off community health initiative in Boonville
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’