Students sought for Inside Albany conference
The League of Women Voters, Utica/Rome Metro Area is seeking nominations of high school juniors and seniors from Oneida and Herkimer Counties for the 16th Annual Students Inside Albany conference.
The conference, which will be held May 22-25, is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation and is designed to increase students’ awareness of New York’s governmental process.
The conference brings together students from across the state to learn about participation in the policy making arena, including tours of the Capital and opportunities to shadow their representatives in the Senate and Assembly.
Applications are due by Feb. 14, 2016. Information is on the LWV’s website (http://www.lwvuticarome.org/youthprograms.shtml); people may also contact Dawn Laguerre at 266-7548 or email email@example.com.
RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
Parkway Center in Utica joins AARP network
Dorfman hosts Studio 365 Dancers Nov. 29
Sign-up to see ‘All She Wants for Christmas’
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry