Student nominations sought for Inside Albany conference
The League of Women Voters, Utica/Rome Metro Area is seeking nominations of high school sophomores, juniors and seniors from Oneida and Herkimer Counties for the 17th annual Students Inside Albany conference.
The conference, scheduled for May 20-23, 2018 in Albany, is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation and is designed to increase students’ awareness of New York’s governmental process.
This interactive conference brings together high school students from across the state to learn about the process by which citizens can participate in the policy making arena, including tours of the Capital and opportunities to shadow their representatives in the Senate and Assembly.
The conference will feature such workshops as Media Perspectives on Public Policy Issues, How Does NYS Government Work? and Tips for Being a Successful Citizen Lobbyist
For those students selected to represent Oneida/Herkimer Counties, all expenses are covered, including travel, overnight accommodations and meals during the conference. Applications are due by January 30, 2018.
Information on the application process contact the League at email@example.com. For more information, contact Dawn Laguerre at 315-266-7548 or email her, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
Women meet for brunch Thursday
Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben