Student nominations sought for Inside Albany conference
The League of Women Voters, Utica/Rome Metro Area is seeking nominations of high school sophomores, juniors and seniors from Oneida and Herkimer Counties for the 17th annual Students Inside Albany conference.
The conference, scheduled for May 20-23, 2018 in Albany, is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation and is designed to increase students’ awareness of New York’s governmental process.
This interactive conference brings together high school students from across the state to learn about the process by which citizens can participate in the policy making arena, including tours of the Capital and opportunities to shadow their representatives in the Senate and Assembly.
The conference will feature such workshops as Media Perspectives on Public Policy Issues, How Does NYS Government Work? and Tips for Being a Successful Citizen Lobbyist
For those students selected to represent Oneida/Herkimer Counties, all expenses are covered, including travel, overnight accommodations and meals during the conference. Applications are due by January 30, 2018.
Information on the application process contact the League at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Dawn Laguerre at 315-266-7548 or email her, email@example.com.
Commonality in shared faith
‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Gospel Services start Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Verona church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Church offers Palm Sunday meal
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota