Student nominations sought for Inside Albany conference
The League of Women Voters, Utica/Rome Metro Area is seeking nominations of high school sophomores, juniors and seniors from Oneida and Herkimer Counties for the 17th annual Students Inside Albany conference.
The conference, scheduled for May 20-23, 2018 in Albany, is sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New York State Education Foundation and is designed to increase students’ awareness of New York’s governmental process.
This interactive conference brings together high school students from across the state to learn about the process by which citizens can participate in the policy making arena, including tours of the Capital and opportunities to shadow their representatives in the Senate and Assembly.
The conference will feature such workshops as Media Perspectives on Public Policy Issues, How Does NYS Government Work? and Tips for Being a Successful Citizen Lobbyist
For those students selected to represent Oneida/Herkimer Counties, all expenses are covered, including travel, overnight accommodations and meals during the conference. Applications are due by January 30, 2018.
Information on the application process contact the League at email@example.com. For more information, contact Dawn Laguerre at 315-266-7548 or email her, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Community Center seeks donations
- 4:00pm 12/01/18Seven things God says to you in the battle
- 4:00pm 12/01/18Solstice at the Cathedral concert in Syracuse Dec. 6, 7