MAKING REPAIRS — Volunteers begin efforts to repair roof damage caused by a recent storm to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and administrative offices, 216 Seward Ave. in Utica. The offices are expected to reopen in February 2016 while the store is expected to reopen in March or April. (Photo submitted)
Storm damage forces temporary closure of Habitat ReStore, offices
UTICA — A storm has caused roof and water damage to the Oneida County Habitat ReStore and the agency’s administrative offices at 216 Seward Ave., forcing their temporary closure, the agency announced today.
“We have been working diligently to resolve the problems at hand,” the agency announcement said. “Contractors have started on the critical building repairs necessary for Oneida County Habitat to target a tentative ReStore reopen date of March or April. We hope to be working out of the administrative offices by February.”
Updates on construction progress, donating items as well as volunteer opportunities will be posted on the agency’s website, www.restoreoneidacounty.org.
“We continue with the daily operations of the organization through dedicated volunteers and Team Habitat members,” the statement added.
The agency helps construct housing for eligible individuals and families. To volunteer or for additional information on other wasy to help, visit www.oneidacountyhabitat.org or call 624-9010 and leave a message, the announcement added.
The ReStore is a resale business that sells new and used building materials and home improvement items to the general public, according to the local Habitat for Humanity website.
All materials for sale are donated by local retail businesses, building contractors, suppliers and individuals, and are made available for sale to the public at 50 percent to 90 percent below retail prices, the website continued.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome