Spring intergenerational cleanup takes place this weekend, officials announce
The spring intergenerational cleanup organized by the Oneida County Youth Bureau and the county Office for the Aging and Continuing Care is this weekend.
The event brings together young people from area colleges, school districts and youth organizations with senior citizens in order to deliver general yard maintenance services. The cleanup is Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. each day in the Proctor Park parking lot off of Welsh Bush Road in Utica. The event happens rain or shine.
Any youth organization interested in volunteering can contact the Youth Bureau, (315) 798-5027. Senior citizens interested in having their yards cleaned can contact the Office for the Aging and Continuing Care, (315) 798-5456.
A similar event is held in the fall. This year’s autumn version is scheduled for Oct. 21 and 22.
During last year’s fall event, 850 youth volunteers throughout the county raked and collected leaves, swept porches, sidewalks and driveways, and brought light refuse to the curb at 115 senior citizen households. “The annual intergenerational fall and spring cleanups deliver much-needed services to our Oneida County senior citizens who physically can no longer do the work themselves, or being on a fixed income, can’t financially afford to have the work done for them,” said County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. “It is also a fine example of the generous spirit possessed by the youth of our community.”
Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
Roast pork dinner January 28
Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours