Spring intergenerational cleanup takes place this weekend, officials announce
The spring intergenerational cleanup organized by the Oneida County Youth Bureau and the county Office for the Aging and Continuing Care is this weekend.
The event brings together young people from area colleges, school districts and youth organizations with senior citizens in order to deliver general yard maintenance services. The cleanup is Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. each day in the Proctor Park parking lot off of Welsh Bush Road in Utica. The event happens rain or shine.
Any youth organization interested in volunteering can contact the Youth Bureau, (315) 798-5027. Senior citizens interested in having their yards cleaned can contact the Office for the Aging and Continuing Care, (315) 798-5456.
A similar event is held in the fall. This year’s autumn version is scheduled for Oct. 21 and 22.
During last year’s fall event, 850 youth volunteers throughout the county raked and collected leaves, swept porches, sidewalks and driveways, and brought light refuse to the curb at 115 senior citizen households. “The annual intergenerational fall and spring cleanups deliver much-needed services to our Oneida County senior citizens who physically can no longer do the work themselves, or being on a fixed income, can’t financially afford to have the work done for them,” said County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. “It is also a fine example of the generous spirit possessed by the youth of our community.”
Oneida County Office for the Aging & Continuing Care honors seniors
Celebration June 4 honors Rev. Bailey’s 60 years in ministry
Healing service Tuesday in First Presbyterian Church
Cleveland church marks Fun(d) Day with barbecue, auction, games
- 4:00pm 05/27/17Celebration June 4 honors Rev. Bailey’s 60 years in ministry
- 4:00pm 05/27/17Healing service Tuesday in First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 05/27/17Cleveland church marks Fun(d) Day with barbecue, auction, games
- 4:00pm 05/27/17Sale June 2-3 in Vernon
- 4:00pm 05/27/17Tea served at Westminster Moriah Olivet Presbyterian Church June 4
- 4:00pm 05/26/17Brunch Bingo aids Relay for Life
- 10:51am 05/26/17Free concert at St. Joseph’s in Lee Center tonight
- 4:00pm 05/20/17First United Methodist gets new pastor July 1
- 4:00pm 05/20/17Whitesboro bazaar has Hawkins rides
- 4:00pm 05/20/17Women’s Day Tea Sunday