Joseph A. Griffo
Senator Griffo questions DMV for giving out promotional sunglasses ‘Made in China’
State Sen. Joseph A. Griffo wonders why the state Department of Motor Vehicles is giving out promotional sunglasses that are made in China.
In his letter to DMV Executive Deputy Commissioner Theresa L. Egan, Griffo, R-47, Rome, questioned why the state agency would purchase and give out foreign-made products instead of purchasing items that are made in America.
“At a time when the governor is urging state agencies and contracts to ‘Buy American,’ it seems counterintuitive for state agencies to be doling out products made in China to promote those very same agencies,” the senator wrote.
“I would expect our state agencies to be more mindful of the manufactured products they give out.”
Griffo said that across New York and the country, there is a movement to “Buy American,” with Cuomo pushing for state contracts to use iron, steel and other resources that are made in America.
“Yet this past weekend (Aug. 5-6), the DMV was giving out sunglasses at a promotional table in Watkins Glen. The sunglasses promote the DMV’s website, while clearly being labeled as “Made in China,” said the senator.
He also asked why these items were being given out on behalf of a state agency and where did the money come from to pay for these foreign-made products.
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Physical therapy professor honored
Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14