Joseph A. Griffo
Senator Griffo questions DMV for giving out promotional sunglasses ‘Made in China’
State Sen. Joseph A. Griffo wonders why the state Department of Motor Vehicles is giving out promotional sunglasses that are made in China.
In his letter to DMV Executive Deputy Commissioner Theresa L. Egan, Griffo, R-47, Rome, questioned why the state agency would purchase and give out foreign-made products instead of purchasing items that are made in America.
“At a time when the governor is urging state agencies and contracts to ‘Buy American,’ it seems counterintuitive for state agencies to be doling out products made in China to promote those very same agencies,” the senator wrote.
“I would expect our state agencies to be more mindful of the manufactured products they give out.”
Griffo said that across New York and the country, there is a movement to “Buy American,” with Cuomo pushing for state contracts to use iron, steel and other resources that are made in America.
“Yet this past weekend (Aug. 5-6), the DMV was giving out sunglasses at a promotional table in Watkins Glen. The sunglasses promote the DMV’s website, while clearly being labeled as “Made in China,” said the senator.
He also asked why these items were being given out on behalf of a state agency and where did the money come from to pay for these foreign-made products.
‘World News Tonight’ anchor narrates Erie Canal documentary
Ladies Night event includes wine yoga, terrarium workshop
Steuben Old Home Days this weekend
Dance lessons at Kallet
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Richard Crawley performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Working together towards perfect unity
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Camping themed bible school starts Monday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Women meet Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Service, picnic in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/12/17Marcy church welcomes new pastor
- 4:00pm 08/12/17Folk Fest Sunday in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/12/17Food pantry donation
- 4:00pm 08/12/17Community Music Fest Saturday