Joseph A. Griffo
Senator Griffo questions DMV for giving out promotional sunglasses ‘Made in China’
State Sen. Joseph A. Griffo wonders why the state Department of Motor Vehicles is giving out promotional sunglasses that are made in China.
In his letter to DMV Executive Deputy Commissioner Theresa L. Egan, Griffo, R-47, Rome, questioned why the state agency would purchase and give out foreign-made products instead of purchasing items that are made in America.
“At a time when the governor is urging state agencies and contracts to ‘Buy American,’ it seems counterintuitive for state agencies to be doling out products made in China to promote those very same agencies,” the senator wrote.
“I would expect our state agencies to be more mindful of the manufactured products they give out.”
Griffo said that across New York and the country, there is a movement to “Buy American,” with Cuomo pushing for state contracts to use iron, steel and other resources that are made in America.
“Yet this past weekend (Aug. 5-6), the DMV was giving out sunglasses at a promotional table in Watkins Glen. The sunglasses promote the DMV’s website, while clearly being labeled as “Made in China,” said the senator.
He also asked why these items were being given out on behalf of a state agency and where did the money come from to pay for these foreign-made products.
Works in Progress reception Oct. 25
Blood drive Friday in Sherrill
‘Hocus Pocus,’ Live Clue event at Jervis
Exhibit marks 200th anniversary of Historic Zoar Village
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Cleveland UMC to host rummage sale
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Christian Women’s Club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Declutter Coach speaks at women’s gathering
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Pie sale Oct. 21 in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Lee church serves ham Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Camden church offers Harvest Dinner Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Church marks Bicentennial with consistent message
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Tickets on sale for pastor appreciation dinner Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Westmoreland serves roast pork dinner
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Octoberfest in Holland Patent