Saturday march to celebrate science
A March for Science steps off Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Oneida Square roundabout on Genesee Street in Utica.
The event is to champion support and funding for science, science-based policy and diversity, according to organizer Central New York Citizens in Action, Inc.
The march will occur in conjunction with similar marches around the country. It’s unclear whether many people will show up locally. The main one is in Washington, D.C.
Following the march there will be a Rally for the Earth from 5 to 8 p.m. at the DeSales Center, 309 Genesee St.
This free event will feature discussions, live music, potluck and exhibits, the announcement said, adding that Saturday is Earth Day.
In case of rain, the march will take place at the DeSales Center.
For more information about the event, call
315-725-0974 or send an email to email@example.com.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
Outdoor Music program starts June 27
Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben