Saturday march to celebrate science
A March for Science steps off Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Oneida Square roundabout on Genesee Street in Utica.
The event is to champion support and funding for science, science-based policy and diversity, according to organizer Central New York Citizens in Action, Inc.
The march will occur in conjunction with similar marches around the country. It’s unclear whether many people will show up locally. The main one is in Washington, D.C.
Following the march there will be a Rally for the Earth from 5 to 8 p.m. at the DeSales Center, 309 Genesee St.
This free event will feature discussions, live music, potluck and exhibits, the announcement said, adding that Saturday is Earth Day.
In case of rain, the march will take place at the DeSales Center.
For more information about the event, call
315-725-0974 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘King Kong Vs. Godzilla’ starts summer series at Capitol
Lymphedema therapists offer patients relief from painful swelling
Assistant VP gets state award
Library director gets two awards
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Durhamville Baptist presents Servants Heart Award
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Get the most out of summer and be thankful
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Strawberry Shortcake Supper Thursday in North Western
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17What Jesus offers us — incredible food for the journey
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Father’s Day BBQ in Blossvale
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Unitarian Church pilgrimage June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Strawberry Festival in Sherrill June 17