EADS MASTER SGT. HONORED — Master Sgt. Jeremy Stanbro, at right, receives the Air National Guard’s Outstanding Cyber Systems Noncommissioned Officer of the Year award from Col. Emil Filkorn, commander of the Eastern Air Defense Sector. The award recognized Stanbro’s work for integrating radars and sensors into EADS’ operations. (Photo submitted)
Rome man earns award at EADS
Master Sgt. Jeremy Stanbro of Rome, stationed at the Eastern Air Defense Sector, is the Air National Guard Cyber Systems Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, announced EADS.
Stanbro, a member of the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group, received the award from the National Guard Bureau. It recognized his “excellence in networking radars and sensors and integrating data into EADS’ operations,” said EADS.
Among accomplishments cited in the award was Stanbro’s successful integration of new sensors into EADS’ command and control decision-making system. He also was recognized for merging mobile radars into the operations network and for conducting more than 200 tests to ensure system redundancy.
“Being identified as the best in your field in an organization as large as the Air National Guard is a remarkable achievement,” said Col. John Balbierer, the 224th Air Defense Group Commander. “Master Sgt. Stanbro’s outstanding work provided our operators with more and better information, directly improving the unit’s ability to conduct its critical, around-the-clock, air defense mission.”
EADS, a North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) headquarters unit, is located at Griffiss park. Responsible for air defense of the eastern U.S., it is primarily composed of New York Air National Guardsmen from the 224th Air Defense Group. EADS has about 400 employees.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital
Progressive Politics lecture Wednesday
Surgeon performs same-day total knee replacement at Apex
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Holiday brunch Tuesday at Hart’s Hill Inn
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Adirondack Community Chorus performs ‘Hope!’ concert Dec. 17
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Catholic Daughters donate to Loaves and Fishes
- 4:00pm 12/09/17STAND ALONE PIC 2017-12-07_LOC_durhamville_Baptist.jpg
- 4:00pm 12/09/17RSVP Senior Readers Group
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Queen Village Christmas Dec. 16
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Annual Choir Day Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Floyd church offers cookies