EADS MASTER SGT. HONORED — Master Sgt. Jeremy Stanbro, at right, receives the Air National Guard’s Outstanding Cyber Systems Noncommissioned Officer of the Year award from Col. Emil Filkorn, commander of the Eastern Air Defense Sector. The award recognized Stanbro’s work for integrating radars and sensors into EADS’ operations. (Photo submitted)
Rome man earns award at EADS
Master Sgt. Jeremy Stanbro of Rome, stationed at the Eastern Air Defense Sector, is the Air National Guard Cyber Systems Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, announced EADS.
Stanbro, a member of the New York Air National Guard’s 224th Air Defense Group, received the award from the National Guard Bureau. It recognized his “excellence in networking radars and sensors and integrating data into EADS’ operations,” said EADS.
Among accomplishments cited in the award was Stanbro’s successful integration of new sensors into EADS’ command and control decision-making system. He also was recognized for merging mobile radars into the operations network and for conducting more than 200 tests to ensure system redundancy.
“Being identified as the best in your field in an organization as large as the Air National Guard is a remarkable achievement,” said Col. John Balbierer, the 224th Air Defense Group Commander. “Master Sgt. Stanbro’s outstanding work provided our operators with more and better information, directly improving the unit’s ability to conduct its critical, around-the-clock, air defense mission.”
EADS, a North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) headquarters unit, is located at Griffiss park. Responsible for air defense of the eastern U.S., it is primarily composed of New York Air National Guardsmen from the 224th Air Defense Group. EADS has about 400 employees.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes