Roadway construction ongoing in Rome, region
Construction operations on Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River continues, according to the weekly construction report issued by the state Department of Transportation.
Motorists on that stretch of road — as well as the portions of Route 825 near the roundabouts — will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with north and southbound lane closures due to work on the roundabouts.
Also in Rome, there will be a northbound lane closure on Route 26 due to bridge joint repairs. Last week, there was a south bound lane closure on the project.
Motorists will also encounter east and westbound lane closures of Route 365 between Taft Avenue and Route 49 ramps because of overhead sign inspections.
- Burrstone Road between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Motorists will encounter east and westbound traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place.
- Burrstone Road at York Street. Motorists will encounter the full closure of the ramps to and from York Street with a signed detour in place. The detour will be Burrstone Road to Old Burrstone Road to York Street.
- Route 5-8-12 north ramp to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit.
- Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5-8-12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and southbound lane closures due to bridge deck work. Delays are expected.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to Burrstone Road bridge work.
- On Monday June 25 through Wednesday June 27, there will be milling on Lincoln Avenue between Sherman Place and Roberts Street. Flaggers will be directing motorists during milling operations.
- Route 5A between Schuyler Street and Whitesboro Street. Motorists will encounter east and westbound lane closures with a speed limit reduction of 30 miles per hour due to water main installations.
- Beginning Sunday, June 24, at 6 p.m. through Tuesday, motorists will encounter a full closure at the Broad Street intersection. Motorists traveling on Broad Street will be detoured to Mohawk Street to Jay Street to Second Street. Detour signs will be in place.
- Beginning Wednesday, June 27, from 6 p.m. through Friday, June 29, 6 a.m. motorists will encounter eastbound lane closures due to construction.
- Route 5-8-12 between Burrstone Road and I-790 ramps. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to overhead sign inspections.
Route 8 between Route 12 and North Gage Road. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to miscellaneous road work.
Genesee Street between Route 12 and Clinton Road. Motorists will encounter east and westbound lane closures due to overhead sign inspections.
Route 28 over Kayuta Lake. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to bridge painting.
Route 365 between Prospect Depot Road and Stockhauser Lane. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with a temporary signal.
Route 365 over Stueben Creek. Motorists will encounter east and westbound shoulder closures due to bridge painting.
Route 365A between Route 5 and Route 365. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to paving operations.
Route 12B at Kendrick Ave. Motorists will encounter alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to sidewalk improvements and the installation of pedestrian poles.
Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S. Motorists will encounter minor delays due to bridge rehabilitation. No lane closures are expected at this time.
Sign installations/pavement markings will be occurring in Madison, Oneida, Herkimer, Montgomery and Fulton counties. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place.
Pavement striping will be occurring in Oneida County. Motorists may encounter lane shifts or lane closures with flaggers in place.
This information is also available at www.511ny.org.
Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
New York Mills school reunion slated for Aug. 4
Sign-up for wine trail trip
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14