Registration deadline Friday for fall election, 2018 primaries
Friday is the deadline to register to vote in this year’s general election — and also to change a political party enrollment for those seeking to vote in a specific primary next year.
Positions on the Nov. 7 ballot include Rome Common Council, Oneida County Family Court judge and county Board of Legislators, as well as a smattering of town ones. In addition, there are three statewide ballot propositions.
The cutoff marks the statutory registration deadline of 25 days before an election, and also is the final day an eligible voter can drop off, fill out online or postmark a voter registration application. You may register to vote at the local board of elections. In Oneida County, the board’s office is located in Union Station, Utica. The telephone numbers are 315-798-5761 or 315-798-5763.
Any mailed materials must be received at a board of elections by Oct. 18, when any voter address changes also must be received.
Voters can register through any state agency as well. Voter registration forms are available on the state Board of Elections website, www.elections.ny.gov, and online registrations can be submitted through the the state Department Motor Vehicles’ MyDMV online portal.
Voters can verify their registration status online through the state Board of Elections website.
Friday is also the last day current voters can change their party enrollment to vote in the 2018 primaries. New York is a closed primary state, which means that in most instances you must be a member of a political party to participate in its primary elections.
Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Cleveland UMC to host rummage sale
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Christian Women’s Club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Declutter Coach speaks at women’s gathering
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Pie sale Oct. 21 in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Lee church serves ham Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Camden church offers Harvest Dinner Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Church marks Bicentennial with consistent message
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Tickets on sale for pastor appreciation dinner Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Westmoreland serves roast pork dinner
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Octoberfest in Holland Patent