Pink Power Happy Hour to raise funds for breast cancer
REMSEN — A Pink Power Happy Hour is scheduled for Wednesday, June 27 at the Soda Fountain Restaurant in Remsen, from 5-7 p.m. The event is sponsored by team Penguin Platoon and is a fundraiser for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Admission is free for the Happy Hour. Organizers invite you to come mix, mingle, munch, and make a difference. The Soda Fountain will offer specials that evening on pink wine, as well as strawberry ice cream sundaes. Proceeds will be donated to the cause. Other surprises and offers may be on hand.
The Penguin Platoon will draw the winner of their Summer Fun raffle that evening around 6:30 p.m. The raffle is valued at well over $1,000 and promises to keep the winner and/or their family and friends busy all summer. The prize package includes a Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler, gift certificates/admission passes to Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Raquette Lake Navigation, Herkimer Diamond Mine/KOA Campground/Miners Table Restaurant, Lake George Steamboat, Uncle Sam Boat, Great American Irish Festival, Woodsmen’s Field Days, Herkimer County Fair, family membership to Utica Zoo, Adirondack Cheese Company, Ward’s Drive-In, a pedicure at Salons at 154, designer Ray Ban Sunglasses from Eyes on the Road, golf at Holland Heights Golf Course, and more. Raffle tickets are $5 each and will be on sale at the Happy Hour and are also available now at The Soda Fountain, Remsen VFW Post 982, The Mane Attraction in Holland Patent, Triple Effects Salon on River Road in Marcy, or by contacting Carol Hamlin Buczek via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message 315-831-5948 between 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Money raised by Making Strides helps the American Cancer Society ensure no one faces breast cancer alone by funding innovative breast cancer research, promoting education and risk reduction, and providing comprehensive patient support.
For more information about Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event, visit www.makingstrideswalk.org/utica or call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes