Pair of local food trucks to compete at State Fair
Two local entries will be driving their tasty fare to The Taste NY Food Truck Competition at the State Fair.
Come Fry With Me of Rome will offer its taco fries while Sarita’s of Rome will offer fairgoers a tomato basil fresh
A total of 40 trucks are coming for the two-day competition on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3, the last weekend of the fair. Each day during the competition, the trucks will ring Chevy Court from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fairgoers can purchase $3 samples of the entrees and vote for their favorites. These votes will be tallied for the People’s Choice award, chosen each day. A pane will sample entrees to declare a Judges’ Choice winner each day.
Come Fry With Me and Sarita’s will be at the fair Sept. 3.
“This is our second year at the competition,” said Ron Colangelo, owner of Come Fry With Me. “The fair is attractive to us because it’s a day to spend with family and other people you care about, and it’s the last big ‘hoorah’ of the summer.”
The food truck chefs must use products made or grown in New York to qualify for the competition. Last year, 17 food trucks competed in the competition. More than 2,500 fairgoers voted for the People’s Choice award.
The year’s fair, in suburban Syracuse, runs from Aug. 23 to Sept. 4. For more about the fair, go online to https://nysfair.ny.gov.
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
Women meet for brunch Thursday
Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben