Pair of local food trucks to compete at State Fair
Two local entries will be driving their tasty fare to The Taste NY Food Truck Competition at the State Fair.
Come Fry With Me of Rome will offer its taco fries while Sarita’s of Rome will offer fairgoers a tomato basil fresh
A total of 40 trucks are coming for the two-day competition on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3, the last weekend of the fair. Each day during the competition, the trucks will ring Chevy Court from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fairgoers can purchase $3 samples of the entrees and vote for their favorites. These votes will be tallied for the People’s Choice award, chosen each day. A pane will sample entrees to declare a Judges’ Choice winner each day.
Come Fry With Me and Sarita’s will be at the fair Sept. 3.
“This is our second year at the competition,” said Ron Colangelo, owner of Come Fry With Me. “The fair is attractive to us because it’s a day to spend with family and other people you care about, and it’s the last big ‘hoorah’ of the summer.”
The food truck chefs must use products made or grown in New York to qualify for the competition. Last year, 17 food trucks competed in the competition. More than 2,500 fairgoers voted for the People’s Choice award.
The year’s fair, in suburban Syracuse, runs from Aug. 23 to Sept. 4. For more about the fair, go online to https://nysfair.ny.gov.
Heart Run & Walk March 3
Meet new friends at Ava Dorfman event
Funds reinstated in federal hospital program good news for Oneida Healthcare
Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’