Pair of local food trucks to compete at State Fair
Two local entries will be driving their tasty fare to The Taste NY Food Truck Competition at the State Fair.
Come Fry With Me of Rome will offer its taco fries while Sarita’s of Rome will offer fairgoers a tomato basil fresh
A total of 40 trucks are coming for the two-day competition on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3, the last weekend of the fair. Each day during the competition, the trucks will ring Chevy Court from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fairgoers can purchase $3 samples of the entrees and vote for their favorites. These votes will be tallied for the People’s Choice award, chosen each day. A pane will sample entrees to declare a Judges’ Choice winner each day.
Come Fry With Me and Sarita’s will be at the fair Sept. 3.
“This is our second year at the competition,” said Ron Colangelo, owner of Come Fry With Me. “The fair is attractive to us because it’s a day to spend with family and other people you care about, and it’s the last big ‘hoorah’ of the summer.”
The food truck chefs must use products made or grown in New York to qualify for the competition. Last year, 17 food trucks competed in the competition. More than 2,500 fairgoers voted for the People’s Choice award.
The year’s fair, in suburban Syracuse, runs from Aug. 23 to Sept. 4. For more about the fair, go online to https://nysfair.ny.gov.
Film based on ‘Winnie The Pooh’ creator
Capitol screens holiday classic
Drama stars Harrelson as President Johnson
Local author at Fusion Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry