Pair of local food trucks to compete at State Fair
Two local entries will be driving their tasty fare to The Taste NY Food Truck Competition at the State Fair.
Come Fry With Me of Rome will offer its taco fries while Sarita’s of Rome will offer fairgoers a tomato basil fresh
A total of 40 trucks are coming for the two-day competition on Sept. 2 and Sept. 3, the last weekend of the fair. Each day during the competition, the trucks will ring Chevy Court from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fairgoers can purchase $3 samples of the entrees and vote for their favorites. These votes will be tallied for the People’s Choice award, chosen each day. A pane will sample entrees to declare a Judges’ Choice winner each day.
Come Fry With Me and Sarita’s will be at the fair Sept. 3.
“This is our second year at the competition,” said Ron Colangelo, owner of Come Fry With Me. “The fair is attractive to us because it’s a day to spend with family and other people you care about, and it’s the last big ‘hoorah’ of the summer.”
The food truck chefs must use products made or grown in New York to qualify for the competition. Last year, 17 food trucks competed in the competition. More than 2,500 fairgoers voted for the People’s Choice award.
The year’s fair, in suburban Syracuse, runs from Aug. 23 to Sept. 4. For more about the fair, go online to https://nysfair.ny.gov.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Country singer to perform at MVCC
NY awarded $3.5 million suicide prevention grant
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Church offers blood donation opportunity
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Women’s bible study Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Last service of season in Sylvan Beach Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Durhamville Baptist Church collects school supplies
- 4:00pm 09/16/17The sovereignty of God
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Turkey served in Lee Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Taste of Heaven event Monday