Nominations sought for Older American Awards
Oneida County Office for Aging/Continuing Care and the Long-Term Council are seeking nominations for their Older American Awards.
Nominations for “outstanding community contribution by a senior citizen or couple” and for “outstanding community contribution by an organization or business” are due by April 1.
Nomination forms are available at area community senior centers, for download at http://www.ocgov.net/ofa and by calling the Office for the Aging/Continuing Care at 315-798-5465.
An awards ceremony for the winners will take place during Older American Month in May. This year’s theme is “Engage at Every Age,” which emphasizes that you are never too old (or young) to take part in activities that can enrich your physical, mental, and emotional well-being and celebrates the many ways older adults make a difference in the community.
Glass art classes start this week at View
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group