New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic
ALBANY (AP) — New York state officials are hosting a free fishing weekend and an ice fishing clinic.
The Department of Environmental Conservation has designated Saturday and Sunday as one of a series of free fishing weekends, with license fees waived.
On Wednesday, DEC and the state parks and recreation office are hosting a free ice fishing clinic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Glimmerglass State Park on Otsego Lake. Anglers can expect to catch yellow perch and chain pickerel. Bait and tackle will be provided for beginners.
Free sport fishing days have been around since 1991. They allow residents and non-residents to fish without a license at any of the state's 7,500 lakes and ponds, and its 70,000 miles of rivers and streams.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
Arc offers free concert Tuesday
Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Community Center seeks donations
- 4:00pm 12/01/18Seven things God says to you in the battle
- 4:00pm 12/01/18Solstice at the Cathedral concert in Syracuse Dec. 6, 7
- 4:00pm 12/01/18Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols marks 100 years