NEON Night Racing for drones to be held in April at SUNY Poly
The SUNY Polytechnic Institute University Model Aviation Student Club (UMASC) in cooperation with the CNY Drones Model Aviation Student Club and MultiGP Racing Chapter will present the inaugural NEON Night Race at the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Wildcat field on April 21. The free event begins at 7 p.m.
The event celebrates the partnership between the Academy of Model Aeronautics student clubs and their commitment to bring STEM-featured events to the campus and local community, according to organizers.
Spectators will be treated to fast-paced outdoor drone racing by racers from throughout New York, organizers said, adding that MultiGP 3s & 4s class drones will fly under the lights and through a darkened neon lit course.
Interested racers must pre-register through the event posting at www.MultiGP.com.
Chapter Membership is encouraged to receive notifications. MultiGP Racing governs tiered drone races for 20,000+ members and 1,000+ chapters Worldwide.
CNY Drones hosts the Utica/Rome MultiGP Chapter as a student-attracting component of their STEM mission.
Local drone program and safety information will be available during races in addition to an interactive Test Flight Zone, Flight Simulator Zone and First Person Viewing Zone.Spectators can watch race rounds, stroll through pit row to mingle with racers and participate in the interactive exhibits.
The event opens 7 p.m. with racing beginning shortly after sunset. Spectator admission is free, and donations to both groups are welcomed.
Attendees are asked to observe all campus parking signage and park only in designated spaces in available lots. Links to directions and additional information is available at www.cnydrones.org or by emailing: CNYDrones@gmail.com.
Celebrating 50 years
Center offers trip to Lake George
Ladies club gathers Friday
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome