Local projects to receive state assistance include efforts in Rome, Utica
Among projects within the City of Rome that were designated for the state’s regional economic development awards Wednesday were five initiatives receiving over $4 million.
Four of the projects are at Griffiss Business and Technology Park. The city will separately receive $10 million in state Downtown Revitalization Initiative funding that previously was announced in September and was not part of Wednesday’s awards.
Meanwhile, projects within the City of Utica received over $6 million in regional economic development funding in Wednesday’s announcement. Several other projects elsewhere in Oneida County also were designated for funding that added up to over $4 million. In all, 43 projects in the county received funding awards.
They were part of the state announcement that outlined a total of $85.5 million in assistance set aside for the six-county Mohawk Valley region that includes Oneida, Herkimer, Otsego, Montgomery, Fulton and Schoharie counties.
Meanwhile, over $4 million in funding assistance was announced for projects in Madison County, which is part of the separate Central New York region.
Among the awards:
Projects in Oneida County
• $1.4 million to Oneida County for rehabilitation of Building 100 at Griffiss airport involving about 31,000 square foot of office space including the UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle)/drone operation center plus an addition for new stairways and an elevator providing ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance.
• $1.38 million to Deployed Resources LLC at Griffiss park. The company plans to purchase currently leased properties as well as buy and install metal manufacturing equipment and accessories to increase workstations and productivity.
• $875,000 to MGS Manufacturing at Griffiss park. The maker of industrial machinery for the wire and cable industry will add 20,000 square feet of production space, fitted out with four cranes.
• $340,000 to Griffiss Utility Services Corporation, for replacing high voltage electric lines that are above ground and relocating them underground, to improve system reliability.
• $200,000 to Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County, to assist with renovating the REACH Center at 201-211 W. Dominick St. in Rome.
• $251,191 to the Town of Ava, for constructing the town’s first park.
• $890,000 to the Town of Verona, to acquire property from the state for an extension to improve access to Willow Place Road near Thruway Exit 33 which includes hotels and other retail sites.
• $1 million to the Village of Vernon, for a wastewater treatment plant effluent disinfection project.
• $501,500 to the Town of Westmoreland, for water system improvements.
• $1.25 million to Mohawk Valley Community for theINCubator-Mohawk Valley Innovation Hot Spot in Utica.
• $700,000 to Utica College to construct a 15,000-square-foot building to house the Construction Management program.
• $500,000 to the Utica Zoological Society for a Utica Zoo Welcome Center.
• $153,400 to the Utica Zoo for a primate building capital project.
• $397,511 to Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute in Utica for Museum of Art granite facade conservation.
• $400,000 to the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory in Utica for a laboratory renovation.
Projects in Madison County
• $1.2 million for Morrisville State College, to build a Four Seasons College Farm facility on campus.
• $1 million for the village of Hamilton, for a wastewater treatment plant improvement project.
• $600,000 to Marquardt Switches Inc. of Cazenovia, a maker of electro-mechanical switches and control systems, for completing the second phase of its Global Technology Center project.
• $300,000 to Madison County, for assisting in the renovation of mixed-use buildings in downtown Canastota.
Celebrating 50 years
Ava Dorfman fitness classes include yoga, dancing, Tai Chi
Center hosts Halloween Party
Dorfman hosts Ghost Talk Oct. 30
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Clinton Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Trunk or Treat in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Clinton church hosts pie sale
- 4:00pm 10/20/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20