Lee town board approves request for annual car show
TOWN OF LEE — Approval for an annual car show at the town park, and a request for a possible policy on usage of cell phones and related devices by highway department employees, were among Town Board topics Tuesday night.
• The board approved a request from the local Tappet Twirlers auto club to use the town park’s main pavilion in conjunction with a car show at the town park on Sunday, Aug. 5, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. A certificate of insurance was provided along with the request.
The park has hosted the car show in several previous years during the summer.
Among the show’s attractions are many vintage vehicles from different eras, as displayed by private owners.
• Town Highway Superintendent William Baker asked the board to review a state Department of Transportation (DOT) bulletin citing restrictions on employees’ use of personal entertainment devices and personal communication devices while on the job.
Baker, referring to a policy on cell-phone usage, suggested “maybe we could adopt this policy...to cover ourselves” in the highway department.
Among several details in the DOT bulletin, it says personal or state-owned portable electronic devices shall be not be used for such purposes as taking photos or videos during work hours unless for a management-approved business purpose.
It also says use of personally owned portable communication devices is restricted to approved break/meal times, except for certain situations such as family emergencies or when a department-issued communication device is not available.
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
Oneida County Health Department performs food service inspections
Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Church to host free Movie Night
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Growing in Christ — Listen carefully to what the Scripture says, and means
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Zion Episcopal Church to install new rector
- 4:00pm 12/30/17New Year’s Eve service in Oriskany