Lee town board approves request for annual car show
TOWN OF LEE — Approval for an annual car show at the town park, and a request for a possible policy on usage of cell phones and related devices by highway department employees, were among Town Board topics Tuesday night.
• The board approved a request from the local Tappet Twirlers auto club to use the town park’s main pavilion in conjunction with a car show at the town park on Sunday, Aug. 5, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. A certificate of insurance was provided along with the request.
The park has hosted the car show in several previous years during the summer.
Among the show’s attractions are many vintage vehicles from different eras, as displayed by private owners.
• Town Highway Superintendent William Baker asked the board to review a state Department of Transportation (DOT) bulletin citing restrictions on employees’ use of personal entertainment devices and personal communication devices while on the job.
Baker, referring to a policy on cell-phone usage, suggested “maybe we could adopt this policy...to cover ourselves” in the highway department.
Among several details in the DOT bulletin, it says personal or state-owned portable electronic devices shall be not be used for such purposes as taking photos or videos during work hours unless for a management-approved business purpose.
It also says use of personally owned portable communication devices is restricted to approved break/meal times, except for certain situations such as family emergencies or when a department-issued communication device is not available.
MVHS names new Benefits Specialist
RMH primary care practices lauded
Brain Injury Association meeting Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday