High school juniors, seniors can submit artwork for congressional competition
A 2018 Congressional Art Competition, open to 11th and 12th graders, was announced for the 22nd Congressional District by U.S. Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-22, New Hartford.
Artwork submissions are due by April 27 and must be delivered in person to one of Tenney’s district offices, which include New Hartford at 555 French Road, Suite 101, or in Binghamton.
Since 1982, the competition has been held in congressional districts across the nation to showcase talented art students.
Submissions are judged by a panel in each district, and the winning piece will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year, according to the congresswoman’s announcement.
“It is an honor to once again host the 2018 Congressional Art Competition to recognize our talented students in the 22nd district,” said Tenney.
“I encourage all students to participate in this competition and I look forward to seeing the wonderful pieces from our district,” the lawmaker added.
Last year, 85 pieces were submitted, and the winner was from a Greene Central High School senior who now attends Syracuse University, said Tenney’s office.
Acceptable mediums for entries:
• Paintings: Oil, acrylics, watercolor, or related materials
• Drawings: Colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal
• Two-dimensional collages
• Prints: Lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
• Mixed Media: More than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor
• Computer-generated art
High schools in the 22nd district have been notified of the competition, said Tenney’s office.
Fleeting time — The half dimension
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Church offers home-cooked meal
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday