High school juniors, seniors can submit artwork for congressional competition
A 2018 Congressional Art Competition, open to 11th and 12th graders, was announced for the 22nd Congressional District by U.S. Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-22, New Hartford.
Artwork submissions are due by April 27 and must be delivered in person to one of Tenney’s district offices, which include New Hartford at 555 French Road, Suite 101, or in Binghamton.
Since 1982, the competition has been held in congressional districts across the nation to showcase talented art students.
Submissions are judged by a panel in each district, and the winning piece will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year, according to the congresswoman’s announcement.
“It is an honor to once again host the 2018 Congressional Art Competition to recognize our talented students in the 22nd district,” said Tenney.
“I encourage all students to participate in this competition and I look forward to seeing the wonderful pieces from our district,” the lawmaker added.
Last year, 85 pieces were submitted, and the winner was from a Greene Central High School senior who now attends Syracuse University, said Tenney’s office.
Acceptable mediums for entries:
• Paintings: Oil, acrylics, watercolor, or related materials
• Drawings: Colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal
• Two-dimensional collages
• Prints: Lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
• Mixed Media: More than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor
• Computer-generated art
High schools in the 22nd district have been notified of the competition, said Tenney’s office.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome