Herkimer man to seek seat in 118th Assembly District
HERKIMER — Democrat Keith Rubino will announce his candidacy for 118th Assembly District on Friday, at various locations in the district, including an appearance at 10:30 a.m. in Myers Park.
The seat is held by Republican Marc Butler, who announced in August that he would not seek re-election.
The district covers parts of St. Lawrence, Fulton, Oneida, Herkimer and Hamilton counties.
“I’m running for Assembly because I want to level the playing field in New York by bringing more funding, jobs, and prosperity to Upstate New York,” said Rubino.
Rubino has been a life-long resident of Herkimer. He received his bachelor’s degree in broadcasting and mass communication at SUNY Oswego in 2012.
He is employed as a direct support attendant, working with the developmentally disabled. He is also a CSEA union member.
He said he did not make the decision to run lightly.
“I want people to see someone young and passionate that truly intends on fighting corruption within Albany. I will fight for the rights of people with disabilities, people working with them, and the entire human services field,” he said, adding “And I will fight for every person regardless of what political party they are so we can build a better tomorrow for every family.”
The other candidates who have announced their intentions to run for the seat are Republicans Philip Lloyd Paige and
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome