Emergency home heating funds available
ALBANY (AP) — New York state officials say more funding is available for residents facing problems keeping their homes heated this winter.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday that the additional funding will help eligible New Yorkers struggling to afford heating fuel or facing the likelihood of having their utility service shut off.
During the 2015-16 heating season, 21,914 Oneida County households received benefits through the federal Home Energy Assistance Program, according to the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance.
The governor says people can apply for a second emergency benefit through HEAP starting on Monday. Families earning up to nearly $53,500 per year can qualify for assistance.
State officials say they’ve seen a 40-percent increase in requests for emergency heating assistance this winter when compared to last year. Households that have already received the benefit known as HEAP are eligible for applying for additional funding.
Applications are accepted at local social services agencies and online, www.myBenefits.ny.gov.
- County Department of Social Services 300 W. Dominick St., Rome: 315-338-0240.
- County Department of Social Services, 800 Park Ave., Utica: 315-798-5559.
- Alternate certifier: Oneida County Office for the Aging, 120 Airline St., Suite 201, Whitestown: 315-798-5770.
- Alternate certifier: Mohawk Valley Community Action,
9882 River Road, Marcy:
- Department of Social Services, Madison County Complex, Building 1, 133 N. Court St., Wampsville: 315-366-2211.
- Alternate certifier: Madison County Office for the Aging, 138 Dominick Bruno Blvd., Canastota: 315-697-5700.
- Department of Social Services, 5274 Outer Stowe St., Lowville: (315) 376-5400.
- Alternate certifier: Lewis County Office for the Aging,
7660 N. State St., Lowville:
Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
Women’s club meets Feb. 20
Stone Soup event aids food pantry
Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’