EVENT TAKING OFF — Drone enthusiasts can get advice from pilots and test their flying skills on March 26 at the Children’s Museum in Utica. The event, based on positive response from an earlier clinic, will run from noon to 4 p.m. on the museum’s third floor. (Photo submitted)
Drones — and owners — ready to invade Children’s Museum
Drone owners have an opportunity to meet, get advice from pilots and test their flying skills March 26 at the Utica Children’s Museum.
The event, based on positive response from an earlier clinic, will run from noon to 4 p.m. on the museum’s third floor. Drone enthusiasts, those looking to improve their capabilities, and individuals with an interest are invited to attend.
Drone Clinic 2 includes an additional hour and a second flight zone to allow for more participation from drone owners wishing to pilot their way through indoor mini-courses. Participants are required to pay regular museum admission and sign in. Registration is not required.
In addition to the interactive exhibits, the clinic will include information and field elements for Rig Rescue, a new, low-cost STEM-based team drone challenge premiering this April in Rome.
“We were all amazed by drones showing up in almost every store over the holidays,” says Bob Payne, CNY Drones volunteer coordinator.
“We’ve been meeting weekly over the past 15 weeks to plan a local STEM-based team drone competition. We we’ve been getting sidetracked by discussions on the impact of all the new drones out there. The Utica Children’s Museum Board graciously offered us the use of their third floor for clinics, so we put together a plan for interactive stations including flight simulators, a building and repair table, 3d printing and test flight zones,” Payne said.
CNY Drones operates under the guidance of the Griffiss Institute and the Griffiss International Airport along with the support of dozens of area volunteers and enthusiasts from drone technology based businesses and educational institutions.
RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
Parkway Center in Utica joins AARP network
Dorfman hosts Studio 365 Dancers Nov. 29
Sign-up to see ‘All She Wants for Christmas’
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry