Drone session for kids scheduled
An Experience FPV (First Person View) beginner drone flying session for ages 11-plus will be hosted by the CNY Drones community group on Dec. 29 from 8-10 p.m. at the Utica Jewish Community Center, 2310 Oneida St.
The program size is limited to 10 participants, and online pre-registration is required with a Dec. 24 deadline. The fee is $40 and includes use of a drone with camera, radio controller and FPV goggles. To register, go to www.cnydrones.org online.
The program is for those new to flying drones using FPV goggles, said CNY Drones, adding that experienced drone enthusiasts will share their knowledge and give advice on flying safely indoors using Tiny Whoop drones; the participant-to-mentor ratio will be 2 to 1. A test flight zone at the Jewish Community Center will allow for flying practice in a controlled environment.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes