Drone session for kids scheduled
An Experience FPV (First Person View) beginner drone flying session for ages 11-plus will be hosted by the CNY Drones community group on Dec. 29 from 8-10 p.m. at the Utica Jewish Community Center, 2310 Oneida St.
The program size is limited to 10 participants, and online pre-registration is required with a Dec. 24 deadline. The fee is $40 and includes use of a drone with camera, radio controller and FPV goggles. To register, go to www.cnydrones.org online.
The program is for those new to flying drones using FPV goggles, said CNY Drones, adding that experienced drone enthusiasts will share their knowledge and give advice on flying safely indoors using Tiny Whoop drones; the participant-to-mentor ratio will be 2 to 1. A test flight zone at the Jewish Community Center will allow for flying practice in a controlled environment.
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love