Drone group seeks volunteers for events, activities
The local CNY Drones community group that promotes STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) and drone safety awareness is seeking volunteers for its events and activities.
Volunteers can “assist in the development and presentation of events” or be “technical mentors for students and adults and general event staff wishing to give back to the community,” according to a CNY Drones announcement.
The group’s events include Build, Fly & Take Home Workshops; Drone Clinics; Tech Meets; MultiGP Drone Races, Experience FPV (First-person view) – Introductory Flying Sessions; a STEM-based Team Drone Challenge; and various interactive demonstrations.
Most programs are set two-to-four months in advance and are typically on a weekend or weeknight, said CNY Drones. No experience is necessary. Students in need of community service hours, engineers willing to share technical knowledge, and those with an interest in learning more about drones are encouraged to get involved. For information, visit CNYDrones.org.
“The goal is to be prepared for the next wave of drone owners. We see the greatest increase in interest just after the holiday season,” said CNY Drones Safety Coordinator John Reade.
Celebrating 50 years
Ava Dorfman fitness classes include yoga, dancing, Tai Chi
Center hosts Halloween Party
Dorfman hosts Ghost Talk Oct. 30
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Clinton Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Trunk or Treat in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Clinton church hosts pie sale
- 4:00pm 10/20/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20