Drone group seeks volunteers for events, activities
The local CNY Drones community group that promotes STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) and drone safety awareness is seeking volunteers for its events and activities.
Volunteers can “assist in the development and presentation of events” or be “technical mentors for students and adults and general event staff wishing to give back to the community,” according to a CNY Drones announcement.
The group’s events include Build, Fly & Take Home Workshops; Drone Clinics; Tech Meets; MultiGP Drone Races, Experience FPV (First-person view) – Introductory Flying Sessions; a STEM-based Team Drone Challenge; and various interactive demonstrations.
Most programs are set two-to-four months in advance and are typically on a weekend or weeknight, said CNY Drones. No experience is necessary. Students in need of community service hours, engineers willing to share technical knowledge, and those with an interest in learning more about drones are encouraged to get involved. For information, visit CNYDrones.org.
“The goal is to be prepared for the next wave of drone owners. We see the greatest increase in interest just after the holiday season,” said CNY Drones Safety Coordinator John Reade.
MVHS names new Benefits Specialist
RMH primary care practices lauded
Brain Injury Association meeting Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday