HARD AT WORK — Construction workers apply a crushed stone base to the new lanes of Route 825 on the Griffiss Business and Technology Park while a wave of commuters heading home after a busy Friday at work head south on the roadway. The project is one of dozens in the region for local motorists to contend with. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
DOT reminds motorists to expect lane changes, watch for flaggers
Work on Route 825 continues this coming week, with other projects on Routes 49 and 69 to affect traffic as well.
On Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the Mohawk River motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to construction and utility work. Market Street will be closed between Route 825 and March Street until November.
On Route 825 between Ellsworth Road to Floyd Avenue, motorists will encounter a road closure due to paving with a detour in place. The detour will allow traffic to reach Avery Lane from southbound Route 825 while diverting traffic to March Street.
Southbound traffic will then be brought back onto Route 825 at Ellsworth roundabout while northbound traffic will re-enter Route 825 at the traffic light at Brooks Road/Floyd Avenue.
On Route 49 in both directions at the Wright Drive exit motorists will encounter a lane closure at the 825 bridge over Route 49 due to bridge inspection.
On Route 69 between Gore Road and Pinebrook Lane motorists will encounter shoulder closures due to water line installations.
Work on the Utica North-South Arterial project continues:
- Lane closures on Oriskany Street related to center median preparation and pouring stamp concrete.
- Lane closures on Route 5/8/12 north and southbound passing lanes between Noyes and Court streets’ ramps. Closures will be in place for two weeks while the contractor reconstructs the center island on the south end of the project. Closures may be in place overnight.
Also in the City of Utica:
- Shortened deceleration lane for the southbound Burrstone Road exit ramp on Route 5/8/12 Arterial due to bridge rehabilitation. Speed limit is reduced to 40 mph from Oswego Street to Burrstone Road. There will also be a right shoulder closure of the acceleration lane to Route 5/8/12 Arterial.
- Northbound lane closure on the Route 12 Burrstone Road ramp to North South Arterial due to bridge inspection. There will also a southbound lane closure on the Burrstone Road ramp.
- The northbound lane of the I-790 bridge over the Mohawk River will be closed due to bridge inspection. The bridge over the railroad tracks will have a lane closure in both directions due to bridge inspection.
- There will be lane closures in both directions on Route 49 at Cavanaugh Road at the pedestrian bridge over Route 49 due to bridge inspection.
- On Burrstone Road at York Street motorists will encounter a ramp closure due to concrete pouring. Traffic will be detoured to Old Burrstone Road. Pedestrian traffic will be diverted around the operation with temporary ramps on and off the curb.
In the Village of Clinton, Route 233 between Route 12B and Route 412 will have one-way alternating traffic with a temporary signal due to culvert work.
Also in Clinton, there will be a lane shift with flaggers present on Route 12B between Brimfield Street and Seneca Turnpike due to culvert work.
In the Town of Marshall, on Route 315 bridge over Big Creek between Bogan Road and Berrill Ave, motorists will encounter a full road closure with a signed detour in place due to bridge replacement. The detour will be using Route 12B to Route 20 to Route 12.
In the Town of Trenton, Route 12 between Route 28 in Mapledale to Route 12/28 interchange in Alder Creek will have shoulder closures and possible lane closures due to topsoil work, median work, driveway paving and sign installations.
Also in Trenton, on Route 28 at Putnam Road motorists will encounter a northbound lane closure followed by a southbound lane closure due to bridge inspection.
In the Village of Oneida Castle and Town of Vernon, on Route 5 between Seneca Avenue and Sconondoa Street, there will be one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to construction operations.
In the Town of Marcy, there will be one-way alternating traffic with flaggers on the Route 291 bridge over the railroad tracks due to bridge inspection.
In the Village of Barneveld, there will be a lane closure in both directions on Route 12 at NY 921D Mappa Avenue extension and at the railroad bridge over Route 12 due to bridge inspection.
In the City of Oneida and Town of Vernon, on Route365A between Route 5 and Route 365 motorists will encounter east and westbound one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to road construction.
Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association hosts Season Kickoff Party May 27
Players close season with ‘110 in the Shade’
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love