DOT outlines construction projects under way in region
Published Apr 14, 2018 at 4:00pm
Spring is in the air, and that means, highway and street construction projects are popping up across the region faster than May flowers. The state Department of Transportation has issued construction alerts and reminders for the following projects:
City of Rome:
- Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with no lane closures at this time.
- Route 49 between Oriskany and Stanwix. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to guiderail repairs.
City of Utica:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place.
- Burrstone Road westbound between Lincoln Ave and Champlin Ave. Westbound traffic will encounter traffic pattern shifts. Signed detours are in place.
- Route 5/8/12 north to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit.
- Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5-8-12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Lincoln Ave to Burrstone Road will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck removal. Delays are expected.
- Route 5S between Broadway and Broad Street. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction activities with no lane closures.
- Route I-790 between Genesee Street and Leland Ave. Motorists will encounter a northbound left lane closure due to bridge joint replacement.
Town of New Hartford
- Route 12 between Genesee Street and Mayberry Place. Motorists will encounter a southbound right lane closure due to sidewalk ramp replacement
- Route 12B between Route 5 and Hara Crescent. Motorists will encounter one way alternating traffic due to sidewalk ramp replacement.
Town of Nelson
- Route 20 between Thomas Road and Erieville Road. Motorists will encounter an eastbound right lane closure due to survey work.
- Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S. Motorists will encounter minor delays due to bridge rehabilitation. No lane closures are expected at this time.
Speech therapy offers help with much more than just pronunciation
Health Ricky Marshall was having trouble making his voice heard. Because he suffers from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), he sometimes did not have enough breath to speak clearly. The inability to be understood caused a lot of stress and tension for him, which ultimately made his speaking problems even worse. Literally at a loss for words, he decided to see his doctor.... 4:00pm 06/18/18
Ava Dorfman announces summer fitness classes
Senior Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will host several fitness classes during the summer months. For more information or to register, contact the center at 315-337-8230. A schedule of classes: Beginner and Intermediate Tai-Chi will end for the summer. 4:00pm 06/19/18
Outdoor Music program starts June 27
Senior Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will host a Wednesday Nite Outdoor Music program starting Wednesday, June 27 from 5-8 p.m. The event kicks off with: Big Frog 104 giveaways; food trucks: Sarita’s, Copper City Brewing, Little Jordano’s; and more. Those who attend the free event are asked to bring lawn chairs. Hot dogs, popcorn, fried dough, coffee, tea, soda, water... 4:00pm 06/19/18
Miracle Drawing can now accept credit cards for raffle, officials say
Health The Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare Foundation officials want the community to be aware of a change in the state Guidelines for Conducting Raffles as they sell tickets for the annual Miracle Drawing. Credit cards may now be used online as an accepted form of payment for tickets to the $100,000 Miracle Drawing. The change to the raffle guidelines became effective today. This year... 4:00pm 06/18/18
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben