DOT outlines construction projects under way in region
Published Apr 14, 2018 at 4:00pm
Spring is in the air, and that means, highway and street construction projects are popping up across the region faster than May flowers. The state Department of Transportation has issued construction alerts and reminders for the following projects:
City of Rome:
- Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with no lane closures at this time.
- Route 49 between Oriskany and Stanwix. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to guiderail repairs.
City of Utica:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place.
- Burrstone Road westbound between Lincoln Ave and Champlin Ave. Westbound traffic will encounter traffic pattern shifts. Signed detours are in place.
- Route 5/8/12 north to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit.
- Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5-8-12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Lincoln Ave to Burrstone Road will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck removal. Delays are expected.
- Route 5S between Broadway and Broad Street. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction activities with no lane closures.
- Route I-790 between Genesee Street and Leland Ave. Motorists will encounter a northbound left lane closure due to bridge joint replacement.
Town of New Hartford
- Route 12 between Genesee Street and Mayberry Place. Motorists will encounter a southbound right lane closure due to sidewalk ramp replacement
- Route 12B between Route 5 and Hara Crescent. Motorists will encounter one way alternating traffic due to sidewalk ramp replacement.
Town of Nelson
- Route 20 between Thomas Road and Erieville Road. Motorists will encounter an eastbound right lane closure due to survey work.
- Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S. Motorists will encounter minor delays due to bridge rehabilitation. No lane closures are expected at this time.
Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter
Arts & Learning Marilyn Schlueter passed away last April but her art fans will have another opportunity to see and purchase some of her works during a memorial exhibit to be held at Rome Art and Community Center from April 19 through May 16. One hundred-thirteen of her pieces will be on display during the exhibit as well as several piece from her private art collection. A free opening... 4:00pm 04/18/18
Duo performs Civil War themed concert
Arts & Learning Join Bill Fahy and Amanda Straney as they perform music of the Civil War on banjo, guitar and fiddle at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, at the Oneida County History Center’s main gallery, 1608 Genesee St., Utica. The duo will also share the stories behind the songs with letters and accounts from soldiers of Oneida County and New York State. This family-friendly program... 4:00pm 04/18/18
Artwork created live at ‘The JAM’ sculpture event Saturday at SUNY Poly
Arts & Learning UTICA — The public is invited to attend “The JAM,” a free, real-time sculpture event taking place on Saturday, April 21, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on the campus of SUNY Polytechnic Institute. This event in conjunction with the Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire offers the public a behind-the-scenes and in-depth look into the creative process. Four teams comprised of students and... 4:00pm 04/18/18
Paint & Sip Friday at Unity Hall
Arts & Learning BARNEVELD — Unity Hall will host a Paint & Sip event with BB Designs 6-9 p.m. on Friday, April 20, at 101 Vanderkemp Ave. At the event participants will be led step-by-step through a flower-themed painting by a professional artist. No experience, no problem, as no experience is necessary. The event is geared for adults. Admission is $45, and includes painting materials,... 4:00pm 04/18/18
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister