DOT outlines construction projects under way in region
Published Apr 14, 2018 at 4:00pm
Spring is in the air, and that means, highway and street construction projects are popping up across the region faster than May flowers. The state Department of Transportation has issued construction alerts and reminders for the following projects:
City of Rome:
- Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with no lane closures at this time.
- Route 49 between Oriskany and Stanwix. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to guiderail repairs.
City of Utica:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place.
- Burrstone Road westbound between Lincoln Ave and Champlin Ave. Westbound traffic will encounter traffic pattern shifts. Signed detours are in place.
- Route 5/8/12 north to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit.
- Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5-8-12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Lincoln Ave to Burrstone Road will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck removal. Delays are expected.
- Route 5S between Broadway and Broad Street. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction activities with no lane closures.
- Route I-790 between Genesee Street and Leland Ave. Motorists will encounter a northbound left lane closure due to bridge joint replacement.
Town of New Hartford
- Route 12 between Genesee Street and Mayberry Place. Motorists will encounter a southbound right lane closure due to sidewalk ramp replacement
- Route 12B between Route 5 and Hara Crescent. Motorists will encounter one way alternating traffic due to sidewalk ramp replacement.
Town of Nelson
- Route 20 between Thomas Road and Erieville Road. Motorists will encounter an eastbound right lane closure due to survey work.
- Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S. Motorists will encounter minor delays due to bridge rehabilitation. No lane closures are expected at this time.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Rome Rock the Cap 2018 on Saturday will be a night of music featuring area cover bands Remedy and Nervous Rex, with special opening act Lillie Moffett. The event starts at 7 p.m., doors open at 6. Tickets are $5. The event is a benefit fundraiser to help commemorate the Capitol Theatre’s 90th Anniversary with all proceeds going to the restoration fund of the Capitol Arts Complex. 4:00pm 08/17/18
Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
Entertainment UTICA — The Stanley Theater in Utica will present a free cabaret show tonight at 7:30 p.m., to feature high school students from across Oneida County. Each student will perform a musical theatre song of their choice, including selections from popular musicals “Hamilton” and “The Sound of Music,” according to the Stanley Theater announcement. Doors for the event will open at... 4:00pm 08/17/18
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Entertainment Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the documentary “Three Identical Strangers” from Friday, Aug. 17 through Thursday, Aug. 23. Directed by Tim Wardle, “Three Identical Strangers” follows the bizarre, true story of three strangers who are reunited by astonishing coincidence after being born identical triplets, separated at birth, and adopted by three different... 4:00pm 08/16/18
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
Entertainment The summer is slowly winding down, and the Boonville Concert Band will be presenting their final concert of the summer season this Friday, Aug. 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Erwin Park lower pavilion. This week’s concert is presented in celebration of the Woodsman’s Field Days, and Fireworks will follow. The band is made up of talented professional and amateur musicians. Boonville... 4:00pm 08/16/18
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes