Cybercrime workshop Thursday at Griffiss Institute
A workshop on cybercrime issues including how a hospital survived the “largest Ransomware attack in history” will be offered Thursday from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive.
The cost to attend is $15, and includes lunch. Interested parties are asked to register by today at www.griffissinstitute.org/dineanddevelopment online.
The speaker will be Reg Harnish, CEO of CreyCastle Security, a cybersecurity risk assessment, advisory and mitigation firm based in Troy.
The workshop is being presented by the institute and the Cyber Research Institute.
The presentation will include a “minute-by-minute replay of the largest ransomware attack on a US hospital to date....This sophisticated ransomware variant known as “SamSam” compromised over 6,000 assets and shut down the entire system....,” according to the institute. The hospital was not identified in the institute announcement.
Making the tough calls
Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
All Denominations service Nov. 20
Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child