Cybercrime workshop Thursday at Griffiss Institute
A workshop on cybercrime issues including how a hospital survived the “largest Ransomware attack in history” will be offered Thursday from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive.
The cost to attend is $15, and includes lunch. Interested parties are asked to register by today at www.griffissinstitute.org/dineanddevelopment online.
The speaker will be Reg Harnish, CEO of CreyCastle Security, a cybersecurity risk assessment, advisory and mitigation firm based in Troy.
The workshop is being presented by the institute and the Cyber Research Institute.
The presentation will include a “minute-by-minute replay of the largest ransomware attack on a US hospital to date....This sophisticated ransomware variant known as “SamSam” compromised over 6,000 assets and shut down the entire system....,” according to the institute. The hospital was not identified in the institute announcement.
Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association hosts Season Kickoff Party May 27
Players close season with ‘110 in the Shade’
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love