Cybercrime workshop Thursday at Griffiss Institute
A workshop on cybercrime issues including how a hospital survived the “largest Ransomware attack in history” will be offered Thursday from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Griffiss Institute, 725 Daedalian Drive.
The cost to attend is $15, and includes lunch. Interested parties are asked to register by today at www.griffissinstitute.org/dineanddevelopment online.
The speaker will be Reg Harnish, CEO of CreyCastle Security, a cybersecurity risk assessment, advisory and mitigation firm based in Troy.
The workshop is being presented by the institute and the Cyber Research Institute.
The presentation will include a “minute-by-minute replay of the largest ransomware attack on a US hospital to date....This sophisticated ransomware variant known as “SamSam” compromised over 6,000 assets and shut down the entire system....,” according to the institute. The hospital was not identified in the institute announcement.
I have competed well
The Puffers perform Sunday
Women gather Tuesday
Poop-to-power: Manure separator benefits dairy, generates clean energy
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14