Christmas on Main Street to kick off Utica’s holiday season
Christmas on Main Street will kick off Utica’s holiday season at Union Station in Historic Bagg’s Square on Main Street Saturday, Nov. 18.
Families may enjoy free entertainment and food. Children and adults alike can have cookies and hot cocoa all day, enjoy a petting zoo, wagon rides, clowns, games, and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Christmas on Main Street organizers promise to capture the traditions and atmosphere of an “Old Fashioned Christmas” in the heart of the city, bringing back some memories and sharing good times with children and neighbors, as well as incorporating some more modern and ethnic holiday traditions.
Christmas on Main Street is free. Among the activities:
· Santa & Mrs. Claus’ arrival at 12:15 p.m. (Take free photos with Santa from 12:30-4:30 p.m.)
· Free: Cookies, popcorn, hot cocoa, McDonald’s Orangeade
· Steven Swans Humane Society from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Utica Zoo Mobile Petting Zoo from 1-4 p.m.
• Free wagon rides – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tree Lighting Ceremony in Bagg Square Park at dusk.
For information, go online to http://christmasonmainstreet.com/.
New Attractions include:
Christmas Craft Fair
Adults can shop at a variety of craft vendors and begin their holiday shopping.
Attendees may stop and take photos with a Snowman, Reindeer, Elf, Iron Man, Spiderman, or McGruffthe Crime Dog.
Free Entertainment Inside Union Station 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
10-11 a.m. Christmas Music
11-11:45 a.m. Center Stage Dancers
11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mark Bolos
12:15 p.m. Santa Arrives
12:30-1 p.m. Jim Okey Magic Show — sponsored by Greyhound Bus
1-1:30 p.m. Kids for Utica Puppet Show and Singers
1:45-2:15 p.m. Butler-Sheehan Irish Dancers
2:30-3 p.m. Ritmo Caribeno
3-3:30 p.m. Maribella Colon
3:30-4 p.m. Edelweiss Schuhplatter German Dancers
4-4:30 p.m. Mike Peek, Nikki Darling, Bob Plunkett, Malcom Parker
4:30-5 p.m. COMS Costume Characters – Children’s Sing along Christmas Show
5 p.m. Dusk Christmas Carols with Santa & Mrs. Claus outside.
Outside of Union Station
Free wagon rides – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tree Lighting Ceremony in Bagg Square Memorial Park at dusk.
Special events at the Utica Children’s Museum with reduced admission for the day.
The day caps off with a holiday light and fireworks spectacular at Bagg’s Square Memorial Park, made possible by a donation from Vision Hotels and the new Double Tree Hilton at Hotel Utica.
Film based on ‘Winnie The Pooh’ creator
Capitol screens holiday classic
Drama stars Harrelson as President Johnson
Local author at Fusion Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry