Christmas on Main Street to kick off Utica’s holiday season
Christmas on Main Street will kick off Utica’s holiday season at Union Station in Historic Bagg’s Square on Main Street Saturday, Nov. 18.
Families may enjoy free entertainment and food. Children and adults alike can have cookies and hot cocoa all day, enjoy a petting zoo, wagon rides, clowns, games, and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Christmas on Main Street organizers promise to capture the traditions and atmosphere of an “Old Fashioned Christmas” in the heart of the city, bringing back some memories and sharing good times with children and neighbors, as well as incorporating some more modern and ethnic holiday traditions.
Christmas on Main Street is free. Among the activities:
· Santa & Mrs. Claus’ arrival at 12:15 p.m. (Take free photos with Santa from 12:30-4:30 p.m.)
· Free: Cookies, popcorn, hot cocoa, McDonald’s Orangeade
· Steven Swans Humane Society from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Utica Zoo Mobile Petting Zoo from 1-4 p.m.
• Free wagon rides – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tree Lighting Ceremony in Bagg Square Park at dusk.
For information, go online to http://christmasonmainstreet.com/.
New Attractions include:
Christmas Craft Fair
Adults can shop at a variety of craft vendors and begin their holiday shopping.
Attendees may stop and take photos with a Snowman, Reindeer, Elf, Iron Man, Spiderman, or McGruffthe Crime Dog.
Free Entertainment Inside Union Station 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
10-11 a.m. Christmas Music
11-11:45 a.m. Center Stage Dancers
11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mark Bolos
12:15 p.m. Santa Arrives
12:30-1 p.m. Jim Okey Magic Show — sponsored by Greyhound Bus
1-1:30 p.m. Kids for Utica Puppet Show and Singers
1:45-2:15 p.m. Butler-Sheehan Irish Dancers
2:30-3 p.m. Ritmo Caribeno
3-3:30 p.m. Maribella Colon
3:30-4 p.m. Edelweiss Schuhplatter German Dancers
4-4:30 p.m. Mike Peek, Nikki Darling, Bob Plunkett, Malcom Parker
4:30-5 p.m. COMS Costume Characters – Children’s Sing along Christmas Show
5 p.m. Dusk Christmas Carols with Santa & Mrs. Claus outside.
Outside of Union Station
Free wagon rides – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tree Lighting Ceremony in Bagg Square Memorial Park at dusk.
Special events at the Utica Children’s Museum with reduced admission for the day.
The day caps off with a holiday light and fireworks spectacular at Bagg’s Square Memorial Park, made possible by a donation from Vision Hotels and the new Double Tree Hilton at Hotel Utica.
Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome