Brindisi to hold fundraiser, while Trump is with Tenney
Anthony Brindisi, Democratic candidate for Congress in New York’s 22nd district, will host a fundraiser of his own Monday, the same day the president will campaign for incumbent Republican Rep. Claudia L. Tenney at an undisclosed time and place locally.
Brindisi is billing the event as “an open people-powered fundraiser,” which will take place at 6 p.m. at the Chesterfield Restaurant, 1713 Bleeker St., Utica.
“The event is designed to be accessible for all, with low-cost tickets and free photos with Brindisi,” the campaign announced. This comes in the wake of reports that the tickets for Tenney’s event are $1,000 to attend and range up to $15,000.
“From day one this has been a people-powered campaign,” said Brindisi, a member of the state Assembly.
“We haven’t taken any corporate PAC money, and have relied on grassroots support to get us to this point. With less than 90 days left of the campaign, this event is a chance for everyone to come and show support. Exclusive high-dollar events don’t empower people. I want everyone to have a role in powering this campaign.”
Tickets will start at $10 and go up to $150, and can be purchased online in advance or at the door.
Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Dan Schall performs Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Augusta church hosts Old Home Days Service
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Ladies luncheon Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 10/13/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/08/18Harvest of Faith set for Tuesday
- 4:00pm 10/06/18United Church of Canastota to hold chicken barbecue