Brindisi to hold fundraiser, while Trump is with Tenney
Anthony Brindisi, Democratic candidate for Congress in New York’s 22nd district, will host a fundraiser of his own Monday, the same day the president will campaign for incumbent Republican Rep. Claudia L. Tenney at an undisclosed time and place locally.
Brindisi is billing the event as “an open people-powered fundraiser,” which will take place at 6 p.m. at the Chesterfield Restaurant, 1713 Bleeker St., Utica.
“The event is designed to be accessible for all, with low-cost tickets and free photos with Brindisi,” the campaign announced. This comes in the wake of reports that the tickets for Tenney’s event are $1,000 to attend and range up to $15,000.
“From day one this has been a people-powered campaign,” said Brindisi, a member of the state Assembly.
“We haven’t taken any corporate PAC money, and have relied on grassroots support to get us to this point. With less than 90 days left of the campaign, this event is a chance for everyone to come and show support. Exclusive high-dollar events don’t empower people. I want everyone to have a role in powering this campaign.”
Tickets will start at $10 and go up to $150, and can be purchased online in advance or at the door.
Children: Investment for the future
Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
Mount Calvary marks anniversary
Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland