Brindisi garners union endorsement
New York State’s Public Employees Federation (PEF) union has announced its endorsement of Anthony Brindisi for Congress, the Brindisi campaign said Wednesday.
The union represents more than 54,000 New York public sector employees, according to the Brindisi campaign.
Brindisi, a Democrat and currently a state Assemblyman, is running for the 22nd Congressional District seat. He is challenging incumbent U.S. Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, in the November election.
PEF joins a growing list of local unions to endorse Brindisi, his campaign said.
“PEF and I share the belief that hard-working public sector employees deserve fair wages for their work....I’m honored by PEF’s endorsement and I look forward to being an advocate for their hard-working members in Congress,” said Brindisi.
PEF represents various public sector workers such as nurses, engineers, and accountants.
“Public sector unions are facing an unprecedented and dangerous attack on their right to collectively bargain and the people of NY-22 deserve a representative who will stand up and fight for workers’ rights.”
PEF President Wayne Spence said Brindisi, as an Assemblyman, has “fought tirelessly on behalf of working families, to ensure our children receive quality education, and to fight for better wages and improved healthcare for all New Yorkers. At a time when anti-union forces are ramping up efforts to tear us down, we know Anthony Brindisi has our backs.”
Making the tough calls
Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
All Denominations service Nov. 20
Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child