Boonville VFW to host ceremony Friday in honor of POW/MIA Recognition Day
BOONVILLE — The Harland J. Hennessey Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, 106 Park Ave., will hold a ceremony to honor POW/MIA Recognition Day at 7 p.m. Friday.
Names of New York Prisoners of War and Missing in Action will be honored. Those who attend should be seated for the ceremony by 6:50 p.m. Light refreshments will follow.
In the U.S., National POW/MIA Recognition Day is observed annually on the third Friday in September.
Every year since 1989 by presidential proclamation, the U.S. remembers and honors those men and women of the armed forces who remain missing in action or who are prisoners of war.
The POW/MIA Flag is flown this day over the Capitol, the White House, the Korean and Vietnam Veterans Memorials, the offices of the secretaries of State, Defense and Veterans Affairs, of the Selective Service System, and on the grounds or in the lobbies of every major military installation, every post office and all VA Medical Centers and national cemeteries.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Country singer to perform at MVCC
NY awarded $3.5 million suicide prevention grant
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Church offers blood donation opportunity
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Women’s bible study Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Last service of season in Sylvan Beach Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Durhamville Baptist Church collects school supplies
- 4:00pm 09/16/17The sovereignty of God
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Turkey served in Lee Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Taste of Heaven event Monday