Boonville VFW to host ceremony Friday in honor of POW/MIA Recognition Day
BOONVILLE — The Harland J. Hennessey Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, 106 Park Ave., will hold a ceremony to honor POW/MIA Recognition Day at 7 p.m. Friday.
Names of New York Prisoners of War and Missing in Action will be honored. Those who attend should be seated for the ceremony by 6:50 p.m. Light refreshments will follow.
In the U.S., National POW/MIA Recognition Day is observed annually on the third Friday in September.
Every year since 1989 by presidential proclamation, the U.S. remembers and honors those men and women of the armed forces who remain missing in action or who are prisoners of war.
The POW/MIA Flag is flown this day over the Capitol, the White House, the Korean and Vietnam Veterans Memorials, the offices of the secretaries of State, Defense and Veterans Affairs, of the Selective Service System, and on the grounds or in the lobbies of every major military installation, every post office and all VA Medical Centers and national cemeteries.
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Women’s Day service Sunday
Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love