Boonville VFW to host ceremony Friday in honor of POW/MIA Recognition Day
BOONVILLE — The Harland J. Hennessey Veterans of Foreign Wars Post, 106 Park Ave., will hold a ceremony to honor POW/MIA Recognition Day at 7 p.m. Friday.
Names of New York Prisoners of War and Missing in Action will be honored. Those who attend should be seated for the ceremony by 6:50 p.m. Light refreshments will follow.
In the U.S., National POW/MIA Recognition Day is observed annually on the third Friday in September.
Every year since 1989 by presidential proclamation, the U.S. remembers and honors those men and women of the armed forces who remain missing in action or who are prisoners of war.
The POW/MIA Flag is flown this day over the Capitol, the White House, the Korean and Vietnam Veterans Memorials, the offices of the secretaries of State, Defense and Veterans Affairs, of the Selective Service System, and on the grounds or in the lobbies of every major military installation, every post office and all VA Medical Centers and national cemeteries.
RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
Parkway Center in Utica joins AARP network
Dorfman hosts Studio 365 Dancers Nov. 29
Sign-up to see ‘All She Wants for Christmas’
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry