Assembly candidate wants spot on agricultural committee
State Assembly candidate Marianne Buttenschon will request to be assigned to the Committee on Agriculture if elected, she said.
“When elected to the New York State Assembly I will immediately ask to be assigned to the Assembly’s Standing Committee on Agriculture,” said Buttenschon, who is running as a Democrat for the 119th District seat now occupied by Anthony J. Brindisi, who is running for Congress. “One writer called farming a profession of hope. But farmers understand through harsh experience that hope is never a strategy and every hope needs a strong voice to become reality.”
Buttenschon’s pledge came at the Club Monarch during an event Tuesday honoring Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol’s commitment local farms. “When Sheriff Maciol put farming issues on the front page he put farming issues on the front burner,” Buttenschon stated.
“Agriculture is Oneida County’s invisible economic giant. It is our single most productive industry. Farming is the heart that never stops beating. When all else fails, we will always have the land,” she added.
Buttenschon noted that the 119th District has never been represented on the committee. “Utica-Rome has not had representation on the Ag Committee since RoAnn Destito left the Assembly in 2011. That makes no sense. If I’m elected, I will do everything I can to make sure that the Mohawk Valley’s farmers are heard in Albany.”
Fleeting time — The half dimension
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Church offers home-cooked meal
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday