ONE LANE — Motorists drive along a newly constructed portion of Route 825 in Griffiss Business and Technology Park. Work on portions of the thoroughfare is continuing and traffic is restricted to one lane in each direction in certain areas. (Sentinel file photo by John Clifford)
Area road construction projects linger on
Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the Mohawk River continues to be restricted to one-way alternating traffic due to construction work. Market Street will remain closed between Route 825 and March Street until the end of the month.
Also in Rome, there will be lane closures eastbound and westbound on Route 49 between Lawrence and East Dominick streets due to guiderail replacement.
In Utica, the North-South Arterial project continues. Motorists can expect lane closures southbound between the pedestrian bridge and Noyes Street due to fence installation.
Also in Utica, the passing lanes will be closed northbound and southbound on Routes 5-8-12 between French Road and Oswego Street, with lane shifts as well due to work on the Burrstone Road bridge pier.
There will be a speed limit reduction of 45 mph in the northbound lane and to 40 mph in the southbound lane in the work zone area. Motorists using the ramp from Burrstone Road to Routes 5-8-12 will encounter a stop sign at the end of the ramp to merge into traffic.
Delays are expected in both directions. Motorists will also encounter intermittent lane closures 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. as well as 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Also in Utica, on Burrstone Road between Lincoln and Champlain avenues, there will be lane closures in both directions due to bridge work over the Arterial.
In Oneida Castle and Vernon, Route 5 between Seneca Avenue (Oneida) and Sconondoa Street (Vernon) will have one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to miscellaneous construction operations including guide rail installation, shoulder backup, signs and striping.
In the City of Oneida and Town of Vernon, Route 365A between Route 5 and Route 365 will have east and westbound one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to miscellaneous road construction.
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes