Applications accepted starting on Monday for HEAP
Applications will be taken starting Monday for the Home Energy Assistance Program.
The aid is available to help elderly, low-income and moderate-income state residents pay their heating bills this winter.
Eligible households can receive a one-time benefit of up to $726. A family of four with an annual household income of up to $53,000 can qualify for the program.
During the 2015-16 heating season, 21,914 Oneida County households received HEAP benefits, according to the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance.
The federally funded program has $327 million earmarked for New Yorkers this season.
The money is awarded on a first come, first served basis, so state officials recommend applying as early as possible. Application information is available at local social services agencies and online, www.myBenefits.ny.gov.
Additionally, households may qualify for an emergency benefit if they are at risk of getting their heat shut off or running out of fuel. Applications for emergency benefits will be accepted beginning Jan. 2. Anyone in need of emergency assistance should contact their local department of social services.
- County Department of Social Services 300 W. Dominick St., Rome: 315-338-0240.
- County Department of Social Services, 800 Park Ave., Utica: 315-798-5559.
- Alternate certifier: Oneida County Office for the Aging, 120 Airline St., Suite 201, Whitestown: (315) 798-5770.
- Alternate certifier: Mohawk Valley Community Action, 9882 River Road, Marcy: (315) 624-9930.
- Department of Social Services, Madison County Complex, Building 1, 133 N. Court St., Wampsville: (315) 366-2211.
- Alternate certifier: Madison County Office for the Aging, 138 Dominick Bruno Blvd., Canastota: (315) 697-5700.
- Department of Social Services, 5274 Outer Stowe St., Lowville: (315) 376-5400.
- Alternate certifier: Lewis County Office for the Aging, 7660 N. State St., Lowville: (315) 376-5313.
Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
Roast pork dinner January 28
Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours