Applications accepted starting on Monday for HEAP
Applications will be taken starting Monday for the Home Energy Assistance Program.
The aid is available to help elderly, low-income and moderate-income state residents pay their heating bills this winter.
Eligible households can receive a one-time benefit of up to $726. A family of four with an annual household income of up to $53,000 can qualify for the program.
During the 2015-16 heating season, 21,914 Oneida County households received HEAP benefits, according to the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance.
The federally funded program has $327 million earmarked for New Yorkers this season.
The money is awarded on a first come, first served basis, so state officials recommend applying as early as possible. Application information is available at local social services agencies and online, www.myBenefits.ny.gov.
Additionally, households may qualify for an emergency benefit if they are at risk of getting their heat shut off or running out of fuel. Applications for emergency benefits will be accepted beginning Jan. 2. Anyone in need of emergency assistance should contact their local department of social services.
- County Department of Social Services 300 W. Dominick St., Rome: 315-338-0240.
- County Department of Social Services, 800 Park Ave., Utica: 315-798-5559.
- Alternate certifier: Oneida County Office for the Aging, 120 Airline St., Suite 201, Whitestown: (315) 798-5770.
- Alternate certifier: Mohawk Valley Community Action, 9882 River Road, Marcy: (315) 624-9930.
- Department of Social Services, Madison County Complex, Building 1, 133 N. Court St., Wampsville: (315) 366-2211.
- Alternate certifier: Madison County Office for the Aging, 138 Dominick Bruno Blvd., Canastota: (315) 697-5700.
- Department of Social Services, 5274 Outer Stowe St., Lowville: (315) 376-5400.
- Alternate certifier: Lewis County Office for the Aging, 7660 N. State St., Lowville: (315) 376-5313.
Film based on ‘Winnie The Pooh’ creator
Capitol screens holiday classic
Drama stars Harrelson as President Johnson
Local author at Fusion Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry