Applicants sought for Women’s Press Club scholarship
The Women’s Press Club of New York State is looking for applicants for the 2018 Betty Flood Morrow Women’s Press Club of New York State Scholarship.
This annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 provides an opportunity for one student who wishes to resume or continue his or her studies toward a career in the communications field.
Applicants must be residents of New York studying in a communications-related field at a college or university within the state, along with demonstrating clear career goals, academic achievement, writing ability and leadership skills.
The scholarship is named after the club’s late founder Betty Flood Morrow. Owner of Cuyler News Service and legislative correspondent for decades, she was a lifelong and fierce advocate for women in journalism. A founder and longtime supporter of the Women’s Press Club and its scholarship program, the Betty Flood Morrow Scholarship will carry on her memory and legacy for years to come.
The deadline for scholarship applications has been extended to Aug. 15, ahead of the club’s annual awards dinner in September in Albany, where the chosen scholarship recipient will be honored.
For information about the scholarship program, go online at womenspressclubnys.com.
The student will be recognized alongside distinguished professionals including the club’s 2018 Media Person of the Year, Woman in the Media and Excellence in Career Achievement award recipient. These awardees are yet to be announced.
Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
Senior center to screen film ‘Sully’ Tuesday
Four added to MVHS medical staff
November is Bladder Health Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child