Applicants sought for Women’s Press Club scholarship
The Women’s Press Club of New York State is looking for applicants for the 2018 Betty Flood Morrow Women’s Press Club of New York State Scholarship.
This annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 provides an opportunity for one student who wishes to resume or continue his or her studies toward a career in the communications field.
Applicants must be residents of New York studying in a communications-related field at a college or university within the state, along with demonstrating clear career goals, academic achievement, writing ability and leadership skills.
The scholarship is named after the club’s late founder Betty Flood Morrow. Owner of Cuyler News Service and legislative correspondent for decades, she was a lifelong and fierce advocate for women in journalism. A founder and longtime supporter of the Women’s Press Club and its scholarship program, the Betty Flood Morrow Scholarship will carry on her memory and legacy for years to come.
The deadline for scholarship applications has been extended to Aug. 15, ahead of the club’s annual awards dinner in September in Albany, where the chosen scholarship recipient will be honored.
For information about the scholarship program, go online at womenspressclubnys.com.
The student will be recognized alongside distinguished professionals including the club’s 2018 Media Person of the Year, Woman in the Media and Excellence in Career Achievement award recipient. These awardees are yet to be announced.
Glass art classes start this week at View
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group