Air Force secretary invited to tour Rome lab, EADS
Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson has been invited to tour Air Force installations in Central New York by two area members of Congress.
Reps. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, and John Katko, R-24, Camillus, have sent a letter to Wilson asking her to visit facilities like the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Eastern Air Defense Sector, both in Griffiss business park. They are in Tenney’s district.
“These Air Force installations play a vitally important role in research and development that further strengthen our readiness capabilities as well as our nation’s security,” said Tenney. ”I look forward to the opportunity to share our region’s assets with Secretary Wilson in the near future.”
Katko’s district is home to the Air National Guard’s 174th Fighter Wing, which is based at Hancock Field near Syracuse. It performs remotely piloted aircraft missions.
“I was pleased to join Rep. Tenney in inviting the Air Force secretary to visit Central New York and see first-hand our strong defense infrastructure,” said Katko.
Wilson was sworn in Tuesday as the 24th secretary of the Air Force.
The loss of military installations is always a concern of federal, state and local officials.
The communities in which facilities are located benefit economically from the direct spending by the Department of Defense on expenses such as the salaries of military personnel and government civilian employees. In turn, these individuals and their families spend money on numerous things such as groceries, haircuts, gasoline, and car repairs.
Author signs books in Western Library
Photographs of Clinton on display Saturday
Cazenovia Counterpoint includes live music, art exhibits honoring women
Day camps for ages 7-12 at Mansion House
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Durhamville Baptist presents Servants Heart Award
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Get the most out of summer and be thankful
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Strawberry Shortcake Supper Thursday in North Western
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17What Jesus offers us — incredible food for the journey
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Father’s Day BBQ in Blossvale
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Unitarian Church pilgrimage June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Strawberry Festival in Sherrill June 17