Air Force secretary invited to tour Rome lab, EADS
Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson has been invited to tour Air Force installations in Central New York by two area members of Congress.
Reps. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, and John Katko, R-24, Camillus, have sent a letter to Wilson asking her to visit facilities like the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Eastern Air Defense Sector, both in Griffiss business park. They are in Tenney’s district.
“These Air Force installations play a vitally important role in research and development that further strengthen our readiness capabilities as well as our nation’s security,” said Tenney. ”I look forward to the opportunity to share our region’s assets with Secretary Wilson in the near future.”
Katko’s district is home to the Air National Guard’s 174th Fighter Wing, which is based at Hancock Field near Syracuse. It performs remotely piloted aircraft missions.
“I was pleased to join Rep. Tenney in inviting the Air Force secretary to visit Central New York and see first-hand our strong defense infrastructure,” said Katko.
Wilson was sworn in Tuesday as the 24th secretary of the Air Force.
The loss of military installations is always a concern of federal, state and local officials.
The communities in which facilities are located benefit economically from the direct spending by the Department of Defense on expenses such as the salaries of military personnel and government civilian employees. In turn, these individuals and their families spend money on numerous things such as groceries, haircuts, gasoline, and car repairs.
RMH pharmacist earns additional certification
Senior Breakfast Club meets March 24 at RCIL
Jervis offers Alzheimer’s program
Warden named director of Behavioral Medicine for MWHS
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Gospel Services start Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Verona church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Church offers Palm Sunday meal
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota