Air Force secretary invited to tour Rome lab, EADS
Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson has been invited to tour Air Force installations in Central New York by two area members of Congress.
Reps. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, and John Katko, R-24, Camillus, have sent a letter to Wilson asking her to visit facilities like the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Eastern Air Defense Sector, both in Griffiss business park. They are in Tenney’s district.
“These Air Force installations play a vitally important role in research and development that further strengthen our readiness capabilities as well as our nation’s security,” said Tenney. ”I look forward to the opportunity to share our region’s assets with Secretary Wilson in the near future.”
Katko’s district is home to the Air National Guard’s 174th Fighter Wing, which is based at Hancock Field near Syracuse. It performs remotely piloted aircraft missions.
“I was pleased to join Rep. Tenney in inviting the Air Force secretary to visit Central New York and see first-hand our strong defense infrastructure,” said Katko.
Wilson was sworn in Tuesday as the 24th secretary of the Air Force.
The loss of military installations is always a concern of federal, state and local officials.
The communities in which facilities are located benefit economically from the direct spending by the Department of Defense on expenses such as the salaries of military personnel and government civilian employees. In turn, these individuals and their families spend money on numerous things such as groceries, haircuts, gasoline, and car repairs.
Marking the Protestant Reformation
Book sale, bazaar in Vernon
Church offers free meal
Rummage sale in Constableville
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Marking the Protestant Reformation
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Book sale, bazaar in Vernon
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Rummage sale in Constableville
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Halloween Party Oct. 28 in Lowell
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Trunk or treat in Verona
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Golambki served Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Fair includes sale to aid hurricane victims
- 4:00pm 10/14/17Cleveland UMC to host rummage sale