Ag workshop to be held Dec. 21
The U.S. Department of Agriculture - National Resources Conservation Service will hold the annual NRCS Local Work Group meeting for Oneida, Madison and Herkimer counties on Dec. 21 from 2-3:30 p.m. at the USDA Service Center in Marcy, 9025 River Road.
The meeting is open to the public, said USDA NRCS.
The Local Work Group will focus on identifying agricultural and natural resource issues in the community along with providing information and feedback to direct NRCS programs, said USDA. Participants may be agricultural producers; owners of non-industrial private forest land; representatives of agricultural and environmental organizations; and representatives of governmental agencies carrying out environmental, agricultural, or natural resource conservation programs and activities.
NRCS Local Work Groups are subcommittees of the NRCS State Technical Committee and meet annually to recommend local natural resource priorities to assist USDA NRCS in providing Farm Bill program conservation measures in New York. For information about the State Technical Committee, contact Assistant State Conservationist for Programs Tammy Willis at 315-477-6503.
To participate in a local conservation work group, contact the USDA Service Center at 315-736-3316.
Adirondack Storytelling Festival Sunday
‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
Historian presents ‘The Fulton Chain’ book Tuesday
New repair shop activity opens at Utica Children’s Museum
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14