Ag workshop to be held Dec. 21
The U.S. Department of Agriculture - National Resources Conservation Service will hold the annual NRCS Local Work Group meeting for Oneida, Madison and Herkimer counties on Dec. 21 from 2-3:30 p.m. at the USDA Service Center in Marcy, 9025 River Road.
The meeting is open to the public, said USDA NRCS.
The Local Work Group will focus on identifying agricultural and natural resource issues in the community along with providing information and feedback to direct NRCS programs, said USDA. Participants may be agricultural producers; owners of non-industrial private forest land; representatives of agricultural and environmental organizations; and representatives of governmental agencies carrying out environmental, agricultural, or natural resource conservation programs and activities.
NRCS Local Work Groups are subcommittees of the NRCS State Technical Committee and meet annually to recommend local natural resource priorities to assist USDA NRCS in providing Farm Bill program conservation measures in New York. For information about the State Technical Committee, contact Assistant State Conservationist for Programs Tammy Willis at 315-477-6503.
To participate in a local conservation work group, contact the USDA Service Center at 315-736-3316.
MVHS offices add nurse practitioners
Fly shot clinic in Deerfield Oct. 24
Bone marrow drive Oct. 27
Dispirito joins Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Clinton Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Trunk or Treat in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Clinton church hosts pie sale
- 4:00pm 10/20/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20