‘Ag Business Thursdays’ offers free help for farmers
Free farm-business technical assistance will be offered through appointments in August at “Ag Business Thursdays” sessions at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County office, 121 Second St. in Whitestown.
The sessions are planned for Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31. They will be from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., except for the Aug. 24 session which is from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required, said Cooperative Extension. Appointments are in 1.5-hour increments. In some cases, early morning or early evening appointments may be available.
To register, go to tinyurl.com/y8gumz8p or call 315-736-3394, ext. 104
Topics for consultations can include labor regulations and management; risk management (insurance and best practices); land use regulations and zoning; personal finance and farm transition planning; tax and other grant and incentive programs; bookkeeping and record keeping; pricing products and market channel assessment; and loan programs and financing decisions.
If a person cannot attend on the scheduled dates, other options are available including arranging to be consulted by phone or video conference.
The ag business management specialist is Bonnie Collins at email@example.com.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
August food service inspections
Agricultural education topic of banquet Oct. 4
Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Church offers blood donation opportunity
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Women’s bible study Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Last service of season in Sylvan Beach Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Durhamville Baptist Church collects school supplies
- 4:00pm 09/16/17The sovereignty of God
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Turkey served in Lee Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Taste of Heaven event Monday