‘Ag Business Thursdays’ offers free help for farmers
Free farm-business technical assistance will be offered through appointments in August at “Ag Business Thursdays” sessions at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County office, 121 Second St. in Whitestown.
The sessions are planned for Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31. They will be from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., except for the Aug. 24 session which is from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required, said Cooperative Extension. Appointments are in 1.5-hour increments. In some cases, early morning or early evening appointments may be available.
To register, go to tinyurl.com/y8gumz8p or call 315-736-3394, ext. 104
Topics for consultations can include labor regulations and management; risk management (insurance and best practices); land use regulations and zoning; personal finance and farm transition planning; tax and other grant and incentive programs; bookkeeping and record keeping; pricing products and market channel assessment; and loan programs and financing decisions.
If a person cannot attend on the scheduled dates, other options are available including arranging to be consulted by phone or video conference.
The ag business management specialist is Bonnie Collins at email@example.com.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister