‘Ag Business Thursdays’ offers free help for farmers
Free farm-business technical assistance will be offered through appointments in August at “Ag Business Thursdays” sessions at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County office, 121 Second St. in Whitestown.
The sessions are planned for Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31. They will be from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., except for the Aug. 24 session which is from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required, said Cooperative Extension. Appointments are in 1.5-hour increments. In some cases, early morning or early evening appointments may be available.
To register, go to tinyurl.com/y8gumz8p or call 315-736-3394, ext. 104
Topics for consultations can include labor regulations and management; risk management (insurance and best practices); land use regulations and zoning; personal finance and farm transition planning; tax and other grant and incentive programs; bookkeeping and record keeping; pricing products and market channel assessment; and loan programs and financing decisions.
If a person cannot attend on the scheduled dates, other options are available including arranging to be consulted by phone or video conference.
The ag business management specialist is Bonnie Collins at email@example.com.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben