‘Ag Business Thursdays’ offers free help for farmers
Free farm-business technical assistance will be offered through appointments in August at “Ag Business Thursdays” sessions at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County office, 121 Second St. in Whitestown.
The sessions are planned for Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31. They will be from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., except for the Aug. 24 session which is from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required, said Cooperative Extension. Appointments are in 1.5-hour increments. In some cases, early morning or early evening appointments may be available.
To register, go to tinyurl.com/y8gumz8p or call 315-736-3394, ext. 104
Topics for consultations can include labor regulations and management; risk management (insurance and best practices); land use regulations and zoning; personal finance and farm transition planning; tax and other grant and incentive programs; bookkeeping and record keeping; pricing products and market channel assessment; and loan programs and financing decisions.
If a person cannot attend on the scheduled dates, other options are available including arranging to be consulted by phone or video conference.
The ag business management specialist is Bonnie Collins at email@example.com.
Cinema Capitol screens tale of heroic dog
Food Truck Festival at Stanley Aug. 5
Cancer victim getting wish
Magician at library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Vienna serves chicken and biscuits
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Women’s luncheon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Church offers rest stop during sales
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Mass, picnic at Christ the King
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Take some time to rest
- 4:00pm 07/08/17Social in Constableville July 12
- 4:00pm 07/08/17Stittville social, concert Wednesday
- 4:00pm 07/08/17Believers must know: wrong thinking leads to wrong believing
- 4:00pm 07/01/17Puffers perform July 9