Townsquare Media to acquire WOUR from Galaxy Communications
Townsquare Media will acquire classic rock station WOUR in Utica from Galaxy Communications.
Townsquare will take over all sales efforts for the station effective immediately, the company has announced.
“We are pleased to announce this strategic acquisition which will strengthen our market leading position in Utica,” said Townsquare Co-Chief Executive Officer Bill Wilson.
“Our existing asset portfolio of three FM stations and one AM station currently captures the number one revenue and audience share in the market,” said the co-chief executive officer.
“Adding WOUR, the leading classic rock station in Utica, will expand the marketing solutions we offer our local clients while also significantly expanding our local audience and advertiser base,” Wilson added.
The local team will be led by Karen Carey, market president/chief revenue officer of Townsquare Utica, he noted.
Carey said WOUR is “the perfect complement to our existing brands (Big Frog 104, Lite 98.7, 96.1 The Eagle and WIBX).
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday