Townsquare Media to acquire WOUR from Galaxy Communications
Townsquare Media will acquire classic rock station WOUR in Utica from Galaxy Communications.
Townsquare will take over all sales efforts for the station effective immediately, the company has announced.
“We are pleased to announce this strategic acquisition which will strengthen our market leading position in Utica,” said Townsquare Co-Chief Executive Officer Bill Wilson.
“Our existing asset portfolio of three FM stations and one AM station currently captures the number one revenue and audience share in the market,” said the co-chief executive officer.
“Adding WOUR, the leading classic rock station in Utica, will expand the marketing solutions we offer our local clients while also significantly expanding our local audience and advertiser base,” Wilson added.
The local team will be led by Karen Carey, market president/chief revenue officer of Townsquare Utica, he noted.
Carey said WOUR is “the perfect complement to our existing brands (Big Frog 104, Lite 98.7, 96.1 The Eagle and WIBX).
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
Movie depicts real life art heist
Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Betsy Concert Series returns June 28
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Mirren and Sutherland star in comedy-drama
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Schneider give talk on ‘West Side Story’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1