Townsquare Media to acquire WOUR from Galaxy Communications
Townsquare Media will acquire classic rock station WOUR in Utica from Galaxy Communications.
Townsquare will take over all sales efforts for the station effective immediately, the company has announced.
“We are pleased to announce this strategic acquisition which will strengthen our market leading position in Utica,” said Townsquare Co-Chief Executive Officer Bill Wilson.
“Our existing asset portfolio of three FM stations and one AM station currently captures the number one revenue and audience share in the market,” said the co-chief executive officer.
“Adding WOUR, the leading classic rock station in Utica, will expand the marketing solutions we offer our local clients while also significantly expanding our local audience and advertiser base,” Wilson added.
The local team will be led by Karen Carey, market president/chief revenue officer of Townsquare Utica, he noted.
Carey said WOUR is “the perfect complement to our existing brands (Big Frog 104, Lite 98.7, 96.1 The Eagle and WIBX).
Celebrating 50 years
Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Center offers trip to Lake George
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Golden anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Ladies club gathers Friday
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Cox family gathers in Verona
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica