GRAND REOPENING — ‘Herb’ Philipson’s on Black River Boulevard will have a grand reopening ceremony on Monday, marking a new chapter in the retail chain’s 67-year history. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Philipson’s to celebrate grand reopening with ceremony Monday
After months of planning and preparation, “Herb” Philipson’s will be celebrating their grand reopening with a special Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Monday, Sept. 17, at 10 a.m. at its Rome location, 1899 Black River Blvd.
The public is invited to attend the ceremony, which store officials said would kick off “two weeks of special sale savings” at all nine locations from Sept. 16-29.
In addition to the sale, the event will also feature drawings for several items of merchandise.
On Wednesday, Sept. 19, at the New Hartford location, Utica Comets fans will have the opportunity to meet “Audi” The Mascot from 5-7 p.m. and play hockey and soccer on an inflatable rink set up in the parking lot.
On Saturday, Sept. 22, the Rome Police Department will conduct its Child ID program from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rome store.
“I’m proud of our accomplishments and for the hard work our dedicated employees have put forth,” said new store owner Guy Viti, a longtime employee who purchased the retail chain from the Philipson family.
“Our regular and new customers will experience a fresh new look with many of the items they’ve been accustomed too, and, several new brands and categories of merchandise,” the new owner said.
“Our focus remains the same…with positive, local customer service, local employee community involvement, and, sponsoring events in the communities we serve,” Viti added.
Philipson’s has been in business for 67 years and has locations in Rome, Oneida, Herkimer, New Hartford, Liverpool, Dewitt, Newark, Oswego, and Watertown.
For information, go online at www.herbphilipsons.com or check them out on Social Media’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Glass art classes start this week at View
Celebrating 50 years
Medical group welcomes new primary care providers
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Celebrating 50 years