Marketing workshops to begin Thursday in Utica
Marketing 101 — a collaborative series of marketing workshops between the Women’s Business Center of NYS, Mohawk Valley SBDC and SCORE Utica — is geared to help new, small or medium-sized businesses and nonprofits learn how to effectively market themselves in the changing business landscape, according to an announcement by workshop organizers.
The sessions will be presented by Scott Mathias, a marketing consultant, who will teach
modern technological tools. While each seminar is packed with useful information and tips, the sessions allow for questions and clarification throughout, organizers said, adding that marketing a new or established business is a crucial part of a successful business strategy.
Participants can learn how to spend as little as three hours per week to effectively advertise a product or service to a highly-targeted local or regional audience, organizers said, and learn about lead development and how to turn a prospect into a follower, followers into customers, and customers into raving fans.
In this series of six seminars, Marketing 101 will provide a variety of marketing tools and strategies, organizers said.
The series begins on Thursday, Aug. 23, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Delta Hotel by Marriott Utica with “Marketing 2020” — an introductory course designed to outline current marketing trends and assist attendees in developing a written marketing strategy for your business, group or nonprofit organization. Subsequent classes will provide hands-on training in implementing your strategy through content development on your website, email marketing and social media.
All sessions are available on an a-la-carte basis and range in price from $25 to $75. Clients of NYWBC, MVSBDC and SCORE receive a 20 percent discount (contact your advisor). All attendees can save $100 by registering for the entire series of six seminars for $200. For information, call the Women’s Business Center at 315-733-9848. Seminar details and registration is at: bit.ly/smbmarketing101.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29