Griffiss Institute to share data privacy tips
Griffiss Institute reports it is joining in the observance of Data Privacy Day, an international effort held annually Jan. 28 to build awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust.
Data Protection Day was started to promote awareness and use of best practices surrounding this issue. The National Cyber Security Alliance leads the initiative in the United States,
“Bombshell hacks were revealed one after another in 2017,” said Bill Wolf, institute president. “The cyberattacks highlighted the alarming vulnerability of our personal information. And there’s more to come.”
Data Privacy Day began in the U.S. and Canada in 2008 as an extension of the observance in Europe.
“Individuals must take the necessary steps to protect themselves,” said Wolff. “Industry and government must share in this responsibility and protect any personal information that may be entrusted to them.
“It’s not enough now to know a little bit about data privacy. Everyone needs to be cyber security savvy.”
During January, Griffiss Institute is posting data privacy tips and reminders on its social media profiles, as well as on the its website, www.griffissinstitute.org.
In addition, the organization is taking part in online safety awareness Twitter chats and displaying materials in its Griffiss business park location about protecting personal information.
Children: Investment for the future
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol