Griffiss Institute to share data privacy tips
Griffiss Institute reports it is joining in the observance of Data Privacy Day, an international effort held annually Jan. 28 to build awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust.
Data Protection Day was started to promote awareness and use of best practices surrounding this issue. The National Cyber Security Alliance leads the initiative in the United States,
“Bombshell hacks were revealed one after another in 2017,” said Bill Wolf, institute president. “The cyberattacks highlighted the alarming vulnerability of our personal information. And there’s more to come.”
Data Privacy Day began in the U.S. and Canada in 2008 as an extension of the observance in Europe.
“Individuals must take the necessary steps to protect themselves,” said Wolff. “Industry and government must share in this responsibility and protect any personal information that may be entrusted to them.
“It’s not enough now to know a little bit about data privacy. Everyone needs to be cyber security savvy.”
During January, Griffiss Institute is posting data privacy tips and reminders on its social media profiles, as well as on the its website, www.griffissinstitute.org.
In addition, the organization is taking part in online safety awareness Twitter chats and displaying materials in its Griffiss business park location about protecting personal information.
Regional Center for Wound Care earns national honors
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Regional Center for Wound Care earns national honors
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Women’s Health Open House Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Medicare seminar Friday at Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26