Congresswoman to host cybersecurity workshop
Rep. Claudia L. Tenney will host a cybersecurity workshop on July 31 to help small businesses understand the threats they are facing and assist them to mitigate the risks.
The event is cosponsored by the Rome Chamber of Commerce and Mohawk Valley SBDC.
She will be joined by Joseph Giordano, vice president of Anjolen, a small business that specializes in cybersecurity, and Michelle Tuttle, chief training and
development manager at Anjolen.
“Nearly 50 percent of small businesses experience cyber-attacks. Small businesses rarely have the additional resources to invest in improving cyber security as it is an often a complex and costly undertaking,” said Rep. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford.
The event is at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 31, at the Rome Chamber of Commerce, 139 W. Dominick St.
There is no fee to attend, but pre-registration is required.
Register at www.eventbrite.com/e/cybersecurity-best-practices-for-small-businesses-
Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica
- 4:00pm 09/24/18RMH offers free smoking cessation classes
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Blood drives Friday
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September as Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth