Berkshire Bank named ‘Top SBA Lender’ by agency
PITTSFIELD, MASS. — The U.S. Small Business Administration has recognized Berkshire Bank as the Top SBA Lender for fiscal year 2017 in the Central New York Region for the third year in a row.
Berkshire totaled 80 loans for small businesses in the Central New York Region for $6.676 million, the SBA said.
The SBA’s Syracuse District reported that small business owners received 747 loans supporting over $183 million in fiscal year 2017-Oct. 1, 2016 through Sept. 30, 2017-through its business loan programs.
Berkshire Bank was responsible for 171 7(a) loan approvals totaling more than $19 million at the district level. These SBA loans can make a significant difference, particularly to the communities that use these small dollar loans more frequently. The Syracuse District Office distributes the SBA’s various programs and services to 34 counties in Central New York.
Berkshire Bank is a preferred Small Business Administration lender, works closely with the New York Business Development Corporation, is a participant in the Massachusetts Treasurer’s Office Small Business Partnership Program and offers a full suite of financial services for small businesses, the SBA announced said.
Berkshire’s Small Business division is dedicated to helping business customers grow their companies and invests in the surrounding communities to help strive for success, the announcement added.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of the nation. Call 315-471-9393 for information about SBA programs and services.
For more information regarding Berkshire Bank’s Small Business Lending programs, call them at 315-433-0111.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Gifts hidden in plain sight
Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
Capitol marks 90th anniversary Monday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland