Berkshire Bank named ‘Top SBA Lender’ by agency
PITTSFIELD, MASS. — The U.S. Small Business Administration has recognized Berkshire Bank as the Top SBA Lender for fiscal year 2017 in the Central New York Region for the third year in a row.
Berkshire totaled 80 loans for small businesses in the Central New York Region for $6.676 million, the SBA said.
The SBA’s Syracuse District reported that small business owners received 747 loans supporting over $183 million in fiscal year 2017-Oct. 1, 2016 through Sept. 30, 2017-through its business loan programs.
Berkshire Bank was responsible for 171 7(a) loan approvals totaling more than $19 million at the district level. These SBA loans can make a significant difference, particularly to the communities that use these small dollar loans more frequently. The Syracuse District Office distributes the SBA’s various programs and services to 34 counties in Central New York.
Berkshire Bank is a preferred Small Business Administration lender, works closely with the New York Business Development Corporation, is a participant in the Massachusetts Treasurer’s Office Small Business Partnership Program and offers a full suite of financial services for small businesses, the SBA announced said.
Berkshire’s Small Business division is dedicated to helping business customers grow their companies and invests in the surrounding communities to help strive for success, the announcement added.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of the nation. Call 315-471-9393 for information about SBA programs and services.
For more information regarding Berkshire Bank’s Small Business Lending programs, call them at 315-433-0111.
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
Orthopedic surgeon joins group
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Lunch and Learn Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Dorfman offers AARP driving class