Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
TOWN OF LEE — Bartell Machinery Systems has received two awards recognizing business achievements, the company announced.
• Bartell has been awarded “STAR” status in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
That status recognizes an organization’s efforts in prevention and control of occupational safety and health hazards leading to industry-best safety standards. There are 2,195 facilities in the U.S. with that certification level, including 58 in New York State, the company said.
The VPP certification process involves a collaborative effort with OSHA in which operations are reviewed and evaluated including environmental health and safety compliance, training, record-keeping, metrics and performance, facility condition, employee knowledge and safety awareness, management commitment, and demonstrated continuous improvement.
“We recognize this achievement is a positive acknowledgment of our continued efforts to advance Bartell’s safety program and we look forward to a future of continued growth and improvement,” said company President Pat Morocco.
• Bartell, whose parent company is The Heico Companies, has received the Heico “Innovation Award.”
The award recognizes efforts to realize innovation through a commitment to product development and a culture where innovation is ingrained in the fabric of the business, said Bartell. The company was recognized “for its continued commitment to innovation through employee engagement,” said Heico Executive Vice President and General Counsel Donald Walther, who presented the award. “Bartell’s focus on creative solutions throughout the business benefits our employees and our customers alike.”
Bartell, based at 6321 Elmer Hill Road, makes industrial manufacturing equipment for the tire and rubber, oil and gas, and wire and cable industries.
On the net:
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Medicare and Medicaid workshop tonight in Utica
- 4:00pm 05/22/18RCIL hosts dinner to benefit senior program
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House