Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
TOWN OF LEE — Bartell Machinery Systems has received two awards recognizing business achievements, the company announced.
• Bartell has been awarded “STAR” status in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
That status recognizes an organization’s efforts in prevention and control of occupational safety and health hazards leading to industry-best safety standards. There are 2,195 facilities in the U.S. with that certification level, including 58 in New York State, the company said.
The VPP certification process involves a collaborative effort with OSHA in which operations are reviewed and evaluated including environmental health and safety compliance, training, record-keeping, metrics and performance, facility condition, employee knowledge and safety awareness, management commitment, and demonstrated continuous improvement.
“We recognize this achievement is a positive acknowledgment of our continued efforts to advance Bartell’s safety program and we look forward to a future of continued growth and improvement,” said company President Pat Morocco.
• Bartell, whose parent company is The Heico Companies, has received the Heico “Innovation Award.”
The award recognizes efforts to realize innovation through a commitment to product development and a culture where innovation is ingrained in the fabric of the business, said Bartell. The company was recognized “for its continued commitment to innovation through employee engagement,” said Heico Executive Vice President and General Counsel Donald Walther, who presented the award. “Bartell’s focus on creative solutions throughout the business benefits our employees and our customers alike.”
Bartell, based at 6321 Elmer Hill Road, makes industrial manufacturing equipment for the tire and rubber, oil and gas, and wire and cable industries.
On the net:
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
View hosts Sweetback Sisters
Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair