American Apprenticeship Initiative to host breakfast
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, the American Apprenticeship Initiative is hosting a breakfast and panel discussion on Dec. 8 at Hotel Utica.
National Apprenticeship Week is an opportunity to highlight how apprenticeships are preparing workers for the jobs of today and the future, “and in central New York, the American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI) grant is doing just that,” noted the Workforce Development Board of Herkimer, Madison and Oneida Counties, which administers the grant.
The grant is helping local manufacturers by offering funding to help educate and train people. Apprenticeships provide demand-driven education, allowing apprentices to earn while they learn, “helping to close the skills gap between the skills job creators seek and job seekers need,” the board stated.
Since the grant began in 2015, more than 40 companies in a 19-county region have taken advantage of this funding.
AAI teamed up with the Air Force Research Lab and the Griffiss Institute in Rome to create a first-of-its-kind apprenticeship program for New York State in information technology and cyber security.
AAI also created the Apprenticeship Accelerator Career Training program by teaming up with Onondaga Community College, Madison County and the Manufacturers Association of Central New York to offer an apprenticeship program in which 10 participants underwent intense training for several weeks in a mobile learning lab. Upon completion of the program, five area manufacturers agreed to hire the participants as machinists, tool makers and maintenance mechanics.
To learn more about the program and the Dec. 8 event, call 315-798-5008 or email email@example.com.
Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Cornell University reminds residents to think globally, plant locally
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Sign-up for May Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21