American Apprenticeship Initiative to host breakfast
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, the American Apprenticeship Initiative is hosting a breakfast and panel discussion on Dec. 8 at Hotel Utica.
National Apprenticeship Week is an opportunity to highlight how apprenticeships are preparing workers for the jobs of today and the future, “and in central New York, the American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI) grant is doing just that,” noted the Workforce Development Board of Herkimer, Madison and Oneida Counties, which administers the grant.
The grant is helping local manufacturers by offering funding to help educate and train people. Apprenticeships provide demand-driven education, allowing apprentices to earn while they learn, “helping to close the skills gap between the skills job creators seek and job seekers need,” the board stated.
Since the grant began in 2015, more than 40 companies in a 19-county region have taken advantage of this funding.
AAI teamed up with the Air Force Research Lab and the Griffiss Institute in Rome to create a first-of-its-kind apprenticeship program for New York State in information technology and cyber security.
AAI also created the Apprenticeship Accelerator Career Training program by teaming up with Onondaga Community College, Madison County and the Manufacturers Association of Central New York to offer an apprenticeship program in which 10 participants underwent intense training for several weeks in a mobile learning lab. Upon completion of the program, five area manufacturers agreed to hire the participants as machinists, tool makers and maintenance mechanics.
To learn more about the program and the Dec. 8 event, call 315-798-5008 or email email@example.com.
Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
Fair marks 130 years with concert
Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Fair marks 130 years with concert
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Drive-in Night returns to the Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Dan Brubeck Quartet performs July 26
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Hamilton International Film Festival starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Lowville Village Band performs
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Sunset Party Cruise Sunday