Writing, self-discovery workshop slated in View
OLD FORGE — View, 3273 State Route 28, offers a workshop “Writing and Self-Discovery: How Writers Find Their Unique Voice with David Hazard” on Saturday, May 27 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Preregistration is required by Thursday, May 25, at www.ViewArts.org/Workshops. The workshop is $50 or $40 for View members.
A published author, David Hazard has helped to launch and develop the careers of over 300 writers during more than 38 years in the publishing field.
View officials said, “His success in coaching writers comes from his method of training, which engages the whole person, mind, and body. Hazard is very experienced and has spent many years in and around the publishing industry, presenting and reviewing manuscript proposals in publishing committee meetings with major companies.”
Finding your unique voice is the same as finding the “edge or “spin” that every agent and publisher looks for in a writer. But, do you know what it is? Hazard’s workshop will help you explore your voice, and add the “edge” to your writing that makes it marketable and interesting to readers, View officials said.
“With this workshop, your writing will become more purposeful, and your pitches and proposals more focused on what agents and publishers are looking for: your unique ‘value propositions’ and ‘takeaways’.”
On the net: www.ViewArts.org
Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
RACC offers basketry classes
Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/21/17RACC offers basketry classes
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Jervis library book series explores history of Erie Canal
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Artist talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Battle of Oriskany event in Herkimer
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Genealogical Society to meet Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Show and Tell at History Club