Wreath, poetry workshops offered
TOWN OF RUSSIA — A pussy willow wreath is among workshops offered at the Shawangunk Nature Preserve, 255 Shawangunk Road off Pardeeville Road. Call 315-826-7405 for information, registration and directions.
Saturday, April 22 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Symbol of Spring — A Pussy Willow Wreath: This miniature wreath is woven with sweet, wild willow twigs adorned with soft, downy catkins. Dried flowers may be added for extra color and texture, and we can create a little nest in the center to hold a pretty artificial bird or eggs, making a delightful symbol of spring to enjoy year round.
Materials cost $10.
Saturday, April 29 10:30 a.m.-noon.
The Pleasure of Poetry: You can express your thoughts and feelings in a poem, essay, reflection, song….Share something you’ve written with our group, and get tips on how to face that blank page and express yourself. No fee.
The Shawangunk Nature Preserve is a 517 acre forever wild, non-profit, holistic, deep ecology learning and cultural center located between Cold Brook and Grant.
On the net: www.shawangunknaturepreserve.com
Magician at library Tuesday
Hall of Fame, Living Legends picked
Old Forge Library opens reading garden Saturday
Art exhibits open in Hamilton Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/21/17Magician at library Tuesday
- 4:01pm 07/19/17Hall of Fame, Living Legends picked
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Old Forge Library opens reading garden Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Art exhibits open in Hamilton Saturday
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Antique and Vintage Show & Sale in Old Forge July 22-23
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Writing seminar Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Over 30 authors expected at book signing Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Youth Group for ages 8-14 in Western
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Quilts on display in Earlville
- 4:00pm 07/19/17Historical society offers summer camp