Wreath, poetry workshops offered
TOWN OF RUSSIA — A pussy willow wreath is among workshops offered at the Shawangunk Nature Preserve, 255 Shawangunk Road off Pardeeville Road. Call 315-826-7405 for information, registration and directions.
Saturday, April 22 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Symbol of Spring — A Pussy Willow Wreath: This miniature wreath is woven with sweet, wild willow twigs adorned with soft, downy catkins. Dried flowers may be added for extra color and texture, and we can create a little nest in the center to hold a pretty artificial bird or eggs, making a delightful symbol of spring to enjoy year round.
Materials cost $10.
Saturday, April 29 10:30 a.m.-noon.
The Pleasure of Poetry: You can express your thoughts and feelings in a poem, essay, reflection, song….Share something you’ve written with our group, and get tips on how to face that blank page and express yourself. No fee.
The Shawangunk Nature Preserve is a 517 acre forever wild, non-profit, holistic, deep ecology learning and cultural center located between Cold Brook and Grant.
On the net: www.shawangunknaturepreserve.com
‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18‘Pushed Aside: Reclaiming Gage’ opera premiere Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Library hosts poetry workshops Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Pushing the Limits Book Club among Oneida library events
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Exhibit and Artist Talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Preschool Story Hour in Remsen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Talk on Puccini’s ‘Tosca’ Jan. 25
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Winter focus of library exhibit
- 4:00pm 01/10/18Dolly Parton focus of talk Wednesday
- 4:00pm 01/10/18View announces thrown wheel pottery workshop