Wreath, poetry workshops offered
TOWN OF RUSSIA — A pussy willow wreath is among workshops offered at the Shawangunk Nature Preserve, 255 Shawangunk Road off Pardeeville Road. Call 315-826-7405 for information, registration and directions.
Saturday, April 22 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Symbol of Spring — A Pussy Willow Wreath: This miniature wreath is woven with sweet, wild willow twigs adorned with soft, downy catkins. Dried flowers may be added for extra color and texture, and we can create a little nest in the center to hold a pretty artificial bird or eggs, making a delightful symbol of spring to enjoy year round.
Materials cost $10.
Saturday, April 29 10:30 a.m.-noon.
The Pleasure of Poetry: You can express your thoughts and feelings in a poem, essay, reflection, song….Share something you’ve written with our group, and get tips on how to face that blank page and express yourself. No fee.
The Shawangunk Nature Preserve is a 517 acre forever wild, non-profit, holistic, deep ecology learning and cultural center located between Cold Brook and Grant.
On the net: www.shawangunknaturepreserve.com
Clinton Historical Society offers Christmas ornament
Yoga for Seniors, Family Movie Night at Oneida library
Foothills arts guild meets Thursday
Doubly Mad event in Utica Friday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Clinton Historical Society offers Christmas ornament
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Yoga for Seniors, Family Movie Night at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Foothills arts guild meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Doubly Mad event in Utica Friday
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Welsh heritage subject of history center event
- 4:00pm 11/15/17Oneida County History Center seasonal bookstore opens Nov. 24
- 4:00pm 11/08/17View offers Christmas in the Adirondacks gingerbread competition
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Author emcee for open mic night in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Award-winning children’s book author speaks on Nov. 16
- 4:00pm 11/08/17Colgate Bookstore announces November events