Wreath, poetry workshops offered
TOWN OF RUSSIA — A pussy willow wreath is among workshops offered at the Shawangunk Nature Preserve, 255 Shawangunk Road off Pardeeville Road. Call 315-826-7405 for information, registration and directions.
Saturday, April 22 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Symbol of Spring — A Pussy Willow Wreath: This miniature wreath is woven with sweet, wild willow twigs adorned with soft, downy catkins. Dried flowers may be added for extra color and texture, and we can create a little nest in the center to hold a pretty artificial bird or eggs, making a delightful symbol of spring to enjoy year round.
Materials cost $10.
Saturday, April 29 10:30 a.m.-noon.
The Pleasure of Poetry: You can express your thoughts and feelings in a poem, essay, reflection, song….Share something you’ve written with our group, and get tips on how to face that blank page and express yourself. No fee.
The Shawangunk Nature Preserve is a 517 acre forever wild, non-profit, holistic, deep ecology learning and cultural center located between Cold Brook and Grant.
On the net: www.shawangunknaturepreserve.com
Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
RACC offers basketry classes
Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/21/17RACC offers basketry classes
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Jervis library book series explores history of Erie Canal
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Artist talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Battle of Oriskany event in Herkimer
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Genealogical Society to meet Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Show and Tell at History Club