‘A WALK IN THE WOODS’ — Piece by Stephen T. Fletcher (Image submitted)
‘Wilderness Songs’ exhibit opens Saturday in Old Forge
OLD FORGE — “Stephen Fletcher: Wilderness Songs,” will open July 21 at View, 3273 Route 28.
Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. The exhibition opens Saturday and runs through Oct. 21. The artist reception will be held 5-7 p.m. on Aug. 3.
Stephen T. Fletcher was born in Utica in 1967, and now lives in Forestport. His work has won numerous awards and can be found in public places and private art collections both in the U.S. and abroad. His work has been seen in plethora of exhibitions.
“It seems as long as I have been involved in the arts, I have been chasing the mysteries of light and shadow,” said Fletcher. “Light has always intrigued me in the way it lands, bends and reflects on water, objects, animals and people. In my paintings I incorporate mood as well as a sense of place and time in contrasting shapes, colors, light and shadow. Ever since I was young I have had a fascination with the Adirondack region and its inhabitants.”
Admission is $10, free for View members. For more information visit ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411.
Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Stained glass holiday pin workshop Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Fall Book Sale in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Historian explores how colonial New York was settled
- 4:00pm 10/17/18BBQ aids library
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Museum honors Samuel J. May
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Local authors collaborate for ‘Young Liberators’ book signing, lecture tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Oneida Mansion House hosts cemetery tour
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Author of ‘Foods From Far and Away’ at Jervis Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Welsh churches focus of Western Historical Society event tonight