“Dancing Water” by Ann Pember (Image submitted)
Watercolor class Aug. 16
OLD FORGE – Ann Pember will teach “The Magic of Painting on Smooth Surfaces in Watercolor with Ann Pember” 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, at View, 3273 Route 28.
Pember earned her bachelor’s degree in fine arts in 1968 from the Massachusetts College of Art & Design. Pember’s paintings often have a close focus and employ dramatic lighting. They have been included in more than 265 national juried exhibitions, including those of the American Watercolor Society, Rocky Mountain National and Watercolor USA, and they have won more than 70 awards. Her work has been featured in more than 45 books and publications, including six of the Splash books by North Light Books.
Pember has produced four self-published books in digital format; available on CD, or as a download, “Discover Your Inner Inspiration” in 2016, “Make Flower Paintings Glow In Watercolor” in 2015, “The Magic of Painting On Smooth Surfaces” in 2014, and “Make Dynamic Paintings In Watercolor” in 2008. “Painting Close-Focus Flowers in Watercolor” was released by North Light Books in 2000 and is almost sold out. Her instructional videos “Vibrant Orchid; Painting in the Flow of Watercolor” and “Painting in the Flow of Watercolor on High Plate Illustration Board” were produced by Creative Catalyst Productions in 2004 and 2006.
Pember has worked as a freelance commercial artist for 12 years. She and her husband relocated to Lake Champlain in the Adirondack region in 1976. She has been painting in watercolor since 1960 and is a signature member of 22 art and watercolor societies. She has been teaching painting workshops since 1988 and has been invited to act as juror of numerous national exhibitions and online shows. She welcomes visits to her studio, Water Edge Studio at 14 Water Edge Road, Keeseville, by appointment. She can be reached via email at email@example.com and her website is www.annpember.com.
On the net:
Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/18/17Artspace launches second phase of study in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Gallery 3040 seeks funds for mural
- 4:00pm 08/16/17‘Nature’s Nursery’ encourages outdoor learning and exploration for pre-schoolers
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Burch hosts Art Painting Fundraiser
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Eclipse Picnic, board game night at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Civil War Weekend event in Cooperstown
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Trip to NYC Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/16/17Art reveal Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/10/17Capitol Theatre opens registration for youth theater program
- 4:00pm 08/09/17Watercolors by Ann Pangburn in Oneida