FUSED GLASS — The View will host a recycled glass fusion class on Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Participants will learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.(Photo submitted)
View to host recycled glass fusion class
OLD FORGE – View will host a recycled glass fusion class on two Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.
The class will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. In the first class, participants will learn how to create a fused plate.
In the second class, participants will learn how to cut and create a recycled bottle wind chime or holiday decoration.
Glass fusion is a process used to join glass pieces together — typically by partly melting the glass at high temperature.
Commonly, the fusion process takes multiple pieces of glass that has been put together, and heating them — usually in an electric kiln.
The total cost for the two classes is $65 for visitors and $60 for View members. All materials will be provided.
View is located at 3273 State Route 28. Register for this class online at ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Deadline for registration is Dec. 11.
Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Colgate Bookstore hosts Mark Scureman
- 4:00pm 06/20/18MWPAI Arts Festival June 26-July 1
- 4:00pm 06/20/18View displays include Northeast National Pastel Exhibition
- 4:00pm 06/20/18‘Adirondack Mysteries’ authors at Old Forge Library Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Literature of the Great War Thursday at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Jervis offers genealogy workshop June 26
- 4:00pm 06/20/18World War I topic of talk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Fusion announces contest winners
- 4:00pm 06/13/18Jervis House tours start June 16
- 4:00pm 06/13/18History center displays restored 1920s fire truck