FUSED GLASS — The View will host a recycled glass fusion class on Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Participants will learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.(Photo submitted)
View to host recycled glass fusion class
OLD FORGE – View will host a recycled glass fusion class on two Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.
The class will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. In the first class, participants will learn how to create a fused plate.
In the second class, participants will learn how to cut and create a recycled bottle wind chime or holiday decoration.
Glass fusion is a process used to join glass pieces together — typically by partly melting the glass at high temperature.
Commonly, the fusion process takes multiple pieces of glass that has been put together, and heating them — usually in an electric kiln.
The total cost for the two classes is $65 for visitors and $60 for View members. All materials will be provided.
View is located at 3273 State Route 28. Register for this class online at ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Deadline for registration is Dec. 11.
Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event
Hamilton library hosts Kerry O’Malley Cerra
Living Legend Awards announces honorees
Sherrill Library offers art classes
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mount Vernon Glass Company topic of history center event
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Hamilton library hosts Kerry O’Malley Cerra
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Living Legend Awards announces honorees
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Sherrill Library offers art classes
- 4:00pm 09/12/18Mohawk Valley Latino Association marks Hispanic Heritage Month
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Sign-up for wheel-thrown pottery workshop at View
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Book sale benefits Sherrill library
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Pointed Pine Quilters exhibit reception Friday
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Submissions sought for First Friday photo contest
- 4:00pm 09/05/18Canine Unit visits Oneida library