FUSED GLASS — The View will host a recycled glass fusion class on Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Participants will learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.(Photo submitted)
View to host recycled glass fusion class
OLD FORGE – View will host a recycled glass fusion class on two Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.
The class will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. In the first class, participants will learn how to create a fused plate.
In the second class, participants will learn how to cut and create a recycled bottle wind chime or holiday decoration.
Glass fusion is a process used to join glass pieces together — typically by partly melting the glass at high temperature.
Commonly, the fusion process takes multiple pieces of glass that has been put together, and heating them — usually in an electric kiln.
The total cost for the two classes is $65 for visitors and $60 for View members. All materials will be provided.
View is located at 3273 State Route 28. Register for this class online at ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Deadline for registration is Dec. 11.
Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
Ornament workshop at View Monday
Toddler and Me art class Friday
Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Places of Rome Calendars benefit historical society
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Ornament workshop at View Monday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Toddler and Me art class Friday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Holiday Hoot event at Utica Zoo Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Chenango club to conduct Christmas Bird Count
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Religion in U.S., along canal topic of lecture Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/13/17Family Game Night, Tech Help offered at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Progressive Politics lecture Wednesday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Oneida Zonta accepting award nominations
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Steve Davis performs Dec. 15 in Utica