FUSED GLASS — The View will host a recycled glass fusion class on Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Participants will learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.(Photo submitted)
View to host recycled glass fusion class
OLD FORGE – View will host a recycled glass fusion class on two Wednesdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Learn how to create fused plates and bowls using a two-stage fusing process.
The class will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. In the first class, participants will learn how to create a fused plate.
In the second class, participants will learn how to cut and create a recycled bottle wind chime or holiday decoration.
Glass fusion is a process used to join glass pieces together — typically by partly melting the glass at high temperature.
Commonly, the fusion process takes multiple pieces of glass that has been put together, and heating them — usually in an electric kiln.
The total cost for the two classes is $65 for visitors and $60 for View members. All materials will be provided.
View is located at 3273 State Route 28. Register for this class online at ViewArts.org or call 315-369-6411. Deadline for registration is Dec. 11.
Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
Jervis offers tech help
Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Jervis offers tech help
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Peter G. Smith subject of talk Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Historical center serves annual Irish Tea Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Works in Progress Reception March 21 at Sculpture Space
- 4:00pm 03/08/18NY Central topic of railway society event
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Artists sought for Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Bottle-Making Workshop Saturday at View