View offers summer internships
OLD FORGE — View, the non-profit multi-arts venue, is offering summer internships to college students and recent graduates. The deadline for applications is March 15.
View interns will receive hands-on practical training in arts programming and day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment while working with a small, committed staff and dedicated volunteers.
Interns may assist in more than one area depending on their abilities and interests, but are designated to specific roles, such as exhibitions assistant, workshop assistant, performance assistant, marketing and media assistant and event and benefits assistant.
Responsibilities will include assisting with benefits and fundraisers, preparation and distribution of promotional materials, exhibition installation and take down, various administrative tasks and errands and communication with visitors and associates.
Excellent computer and communication skills are a must. Interns are expected to work 40 hours a week. Housing and a bi-weekly monetary stipend are provided. College credits may also be arranged. Interns may attend workshops, events and performances, free of charge on a space-available basis.
Interns with skills in illustration, graphics, video or photography may be given opportunities to build their portfolios. If qualified, interns may have the opportunity to teach a workshop.
To apply, email a cover letter and résumé as a PDF or Word document to info@ViewArts.org with “Internship” and the positions in the subject line of the email.
To learn more about View and its internships, visit www.ViewArts.org. View is located at 3273 Route 28.
Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
Jervis offers tech help
Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Book follows family’s life on Tug Hill
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Antique Appraisals March 22 at Unity Hall
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Jervis offers tech help
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Tug Hill photo contest underway
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Peter G. Smith subject of talk Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Historical center serves annual Irish Tea Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/14/18Works in Progress Reception March 21 at Sculpture Space
- 4:00pm 03/08/18NY Central topic of railway society event
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Artists sought for Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors
- 4:00pm 03/07/18Bottle-Making Workshop Saturday at View